Join ship in Quebec city at 10:30pm

toothmaker

50 minutes ago, toothmaker said:

Will we be able to arrive at Carribean Princess in Quebec city on Oct. 19th at 10:30 pm and board?

We're arriving on a late flight.

I doubt very much.  There will be limited staff in the terminal, mainly security for those returning from visiting Quebec.   Definitely no one to handle bags.

We embarked last year in Quebec to Fll and boarding was slow to open,  arrived at terminal around 11:00am.  Bags took 5 hours to arrive.

While Cruise Critic members can provide their experiences and opinions based on those experiences, this is one I would work with Princess directly. IIRC, the ship overnights so you should call and ask if arrangements can be made to arrive at an odd time. I've seen it done for entertainers so it's certainly possible.

Yes, it is an overnight port in Quebec.

Yes, you can board at that time.  (I read/Can't remember where) Manned Embarkation hours are available up to 9 PM or 10 PM.  After that...

FOUND IT...under itinerary port information:

Thu, 10/19/23 Quebec City, Canada
View general port information
Overnight
Check In 1:00pm-9:00pm

Need more information?  Email:  croisieres@portquebec.ca

https://www.portquebec.ca/en/cruises/information-for-cruise-ship-passengers/customer-service

The terminal will be open all night.  You will be responsible for your own luggage.  In August, gangway was on deck 6/starboard.  Same level as Customer Service Desk. There are elevators and escalators in the terminal.  Will you have your Medallion in hand?

In the afternoon, the gangway was a downward slant to the ship.  In the morning, it was pretty even.  

It's a good size terminal.  There will be security 24 hours to guide you to the right place.  I saw passengers leave at all hours of the night/morning ... dragging their luggage without any assistance.  

The airport is not as close to the port as I had anticipated.  VERY small airport.  I purchased a ship to airport Princess Transfer.  Best $29 I ever spent.  

Have you joined our Roll Call yet?

Edited by cr8tiv1

Speaking of a pre-pandemic, late night, check-in experience in Quebec...

Yes, you can check-in and embark that late at night.  You will have to carry all of your suitcases onto the ship.  There will be a port worker before security asking to see your cruise docs (have a print out or an electronic copy handy) and WHITI document, and they will radio the ship to make sure that you are really a passenger.  After port security, you will have plead your case again to ship security on the gangway.  After which you will be directed to Guest Services to check-in.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1