Fitness on cruise

It's called the Ship Shape program. For each fitness activity that you participate in you get a Ship Shape dollar. All of the fitness activities that will go on during the day will be listed in the daily program. They usually have a little symbol next to them if they qualify for Ship Shape dollars. At the end of the cruise you trade in your Ship Shape dollars for water bottles, hats, t-shirts, etc.

I usually participate in the cake eating marathon.....

You need to read the Daily Compass and look for fitness activities with a tiny runner symbol beside it. Be advised that many of these Ship Shape activities will cost you extra as they carry an added fee.

Not all do, though. The morning "Walk a Mile" program is free. It is easier to build up the credits on a longer cruise, such as a seven day cruise. If a fitness activity is listed, but not enough people show up, they cancel that activity. For example, I was the only one who showed up to a five o'clock cardio-kick class. It was a strange time to hold the class, I thought.

I tend to do the 12 ounce curls. At the end of the week I usually have a few page bill slid under my door.

Hey Lisa, we must be going to the same gym. I also do the 12 ounce curls. But at the end of the week there's a note to pick up my bill at the front desk seems it dosen't fit under the door.

Archived