Ultimate Balcony dining

zumbagold

1 hour ago, sabookkeeper said:

My son and son-in-law will be on their first cruise with us this year.  They are in an inside cabin and we have a balcony.  Can they do the balcony dinner in our cabin?  

They may not be able to order it for your cabin, but you can. You can order it for four and join them, or you can order it for two and leave them along with it. If you want to pay for it, fine. If they are paying for it, they can go to Guest Services and pay for the item on your folio.

If you want to give them access to your balcony when you're not there, you can go to Guest Services and ask for them to have access. As long as someone from your cabin is there to authorize it, they can provide the access.

• Like 1

On 9/1/2023 at 9:34 PM, NavyVeteran said:

They may not be able to order it for your cabin, but you can. You can order it for four and join them, or you can order it for two and leave them along with it. If you want to pay for it, fine. If they are paying for it, they can go to Guest Services and pay for the item on your folio.

If you want to give them access to your balcony when you're not there, you can go to Guest Services and ask for them to have access. As long as someone from your cabin is there to authorize it, they can provide the access.

Thank you for your response.  We know the cost will go to us but we will get it back later.  We will also be going to Guest Services to get them access to our cabin for the balcony.  We thought about doing the dinner for the 4 of us but DH and I thought we'd let them enjoy it on their own.  We have done it many times and we are on a B2B so we can do the balcony dining on our 2nd cruise.

On 8/25/2023 at 8:49 PM, Weebo15 said:

We’re on Sky in 3 weeks. I’m tempted by the dinner but wonder how well UBD can suit dietary requirements? Dad has a shellfish allergy so I’m thinking it’s not worthwhile for him?

They will accommodate any needs. I set this up for 6 people and one had an allergy to shellfish and alcohol. They subbed in chicken for her ( does not eat beek) and a mocktail. They generally will call the stateroom and ask if there are dietary needs.

On 8/31/2023 at 11:34 AM, 58Piano said:

If you have inside cabin will they still do it for you elsewhere on the ship????

You'll need to sign up for the UHD, Ultimate Hallway Dining.  They'll set up a lovely dinner for you right outside your stateroom door in the hallway.  But do make sure to scoot up against the wall a bit so others can pass by.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Coolmama_1 said:

They will accommodate any needs. I set this up for 6 people and one had an allergy to shellfish and alcohol. They subbed in chicken for her ( does not eat beef) and a mocktail. They generally will call the stateroom and ask if there are dietary needs.

Just curious and so others may know, how did they accommodate 6 people for UBD at once?  A huge Balcony?  In a Suite?  Side by side cabins with balcony dividers open?

12 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Just curious and so others may know, how did they accommodate 6 people for UBD at once?  A huge Balcony?  In a Suite?  Side by side cabins with balcony dividers open?

We were in E731 on the Caribbean Princess.   It is the extended balcony on a mini suite.