All Included or No Perks ?

cruisegal1970

48 minutes ago, grandgeezer said:

You have my deepest sympathy, I’m glad that the world will still exist if I unplug for a week or two, or however long.

Often actual "important people" are the ones who never want to be on their phones and/or go through their personal/executive assistant(s) anyways

Ms. Nuts and I are both extroverted social people.  On board we often get phone numbers of fellow passengers so we can make plans to meet up later and since we're often not in the room, we cannot answer our room phone.  Outside of the ship, we are in active group texts and it brings us joy to communicate with them.  Occasionally, plans are made in these texts and if we're not active in that group text, plans made be made on a date range we have other plans.  Cruising is a first world problem and so is being on your phone to make other plans but this is the life of an extrovert

Additionally, with work, seeing an email and taking care of a 5min task now can save me an hour of trying to determine if anyone took ownership of the the task, if was fully completed and if it was done correctly

Being connected/un-connected is very YMMV and I never understood why some shame those with opposing connection viewpoints.  All I'm pointing out is there are examples where being connected for some (us included) is useful and can save time.  If anyone wants to disconnect, that's fine, although I do think everyone should have a phone on them all the times even if it isn't connected to paid wifi as you can still use the X app and can take a picture or video if needed

9 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

If you want no more than 3-4 drinks a day, maybe that's accurate yet it isn't nor should be pitched as an one size fits all.  Additionally, if you're Elite or above, you have the access to the free happy hour which makes this a bit more complex

It had nothing to do with how much someone used the package it was what it would cost to buy during a flash sale for drinks and wifi plus the gratuity is about $88 total. 

We like the all included package.  Easy.  Like that tipping ,drinks and internet are included. We have a large family, and enjoy hearing from them and sharing facetime with them while on the cruise.

While we do not drink many alcoholic drinks, we enjoy speciality coffee, soda and speciality waters throughout the cruise.  It works best for us- no worries about bills for those things and nice to not have another bill at the end of the cruise. 

16 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

Neither is “better”.  One might be more suited to your needs.  Consider how much you use internet and how many beverages (alcoholic and non alcoholic) you consume in a day) 

Great advice. When doing the maths (sorry math) remember if one adult in a has AI the others have to do so as well - stops you sharing drinks.