Galapagos - Celebrity vs Silver Seas

lhcruzin

I am considering a Galapagos cruise for our family of 5 adults.  I had done a Celebrity Galapagos cruise about 6 years ago.  I thought that they did a great job at that time.   I am wondering if anyone here has done the Galapagos with either line lately and might give me some tips on choosing one over the other.  I understand that they are both essentially owned by the same company so I am wondering if there is much to consider other that the actual ships.  I know things have changed over the last few years.  Thanks.  

We just finished the Northern Loop on Celebrity Xpedition yesterday and had a great time.  This was definitely one of our top 2 or 3 trips and we are pretty well-traveled.  The staff, size of the Xpedition (built for about 100 and sailing with 48 guests max), quality of food and service, and our fellow guests made this really special.  Would wholeheartedly recommend Celebrity.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If I’m going to pay for premium, I think I would go with SilverSea where everything is included and everyone is treated equally. Isn’t a concierge level with butler on CC about $5000 pp? About the same as SS?

would love to hear silversea experiences as well

We have been on Celebrity Flora twice, Outer Loop Sept 2019 and Inner Loop Nov 2022. Both cruises were outstanding, and Celebrity does a great job throughout the entire trip. If you're interested in wildlife, while both Loops have wildlife, you'll see more on the Outer Loop. We enjoyed the Outer Loop more.

On our Nov 2022 cruise, we were anchored off San Cristobal. Anchored nearby was Silver Origin. It's Flora's sistership, identical in size and layout, and was originally supposed to be Celebrity Fauna. When Celebrity couldn't get permission for another ship, they transferred it to Silversea. I would not pay a premium for Silver Origin, as you'll have an amazing experience on Flora, well beyond a normal Celebrity ship. Plus, Flora has much nicer inflatables than Origin, and you'll be using those every day. 

All cabins on both vessels are suites and come with all amenities. Our upcoming Edge sailing (New Zealand Feb 2024) will quite possibly be our last Celebrity cruise as we're tired of the bigger ships and the cutbacks that have occurred. We would, however, not hesitate to sail again on Flora. 

Good luck with your decision. You'll have an amazing time.

Kevin

image.thumb.png.484571b49b189474452dd1d79c8c5384.png

image.thumb.png.cdad2db3207878789e9f6ef880eea483.png

image.thumb.png.4631c417bfd20e1a0c8bd4a5b83c86e6.png

image.thumb.png.90f9fb82f6486894e6d8f1166c3317c3.png

image.thumb.png.866df3a3fd24efcfcd560068072bdd8b.png

• Like 4

• 1 month later...