Boston C1 parking lot

misterbuds

Does anyone know if the C1 parking lot right next to the terminal is still open?  It's not showing up anywhere online to make a reservation.  Looks like at one point it was available on parkwhiz.  Not anymore.  Is it closed?  Last time I used it was in 2019 and you just paid with your credit card to the attendant when you parked.  Hoping somebody with a recent cruise out of Boston might have some info.

• 1 month later...

I'm going to answer this for other cruisers.  C1 is available as of 10/8/23.  You can't book it online.  The sign out front reads "Cruise parking $25 per day".  There is an attendant and you pay right there.  Credit card only.  There were plenty of spots.  This is the cheapest and ideal parking for sailing out of Boston.  You don't have to deal with shuttle service to the fargo lot like I did.

• Thanks 1

Thank you so much for this update.  We are cruising out on the 22nd and were starting to get nervous on the parking situation.  The last time we went out of Boston was in 2019 also, and we parked at the garage at the Reebok building.  But it seems that is no longer an option.

On 10/15/2023 at 7:21 PM, misterbuds said:

I'm going to answer this for other cruisers.  C1 is available as of 10/8/23.  You can't book it online.  The sign out front reads "Cruise parking $25 per day".  There is an attendant and you pay right there.  Credit card only.  There were plenty of spots.  This is the cheapest and ideal parking for sailing out of Boston.  You don't have to deal with shuttle service to the fargo lot like I did.

Thanks very much for the update. We're going to be sailing from Boston for the first time next summer, and this seems to be the best option for us as well. Q: how big is this lot and assuming we are early arrivers (say 9AM), will we possibly have any issues finding a spot?

This appears to be the site:

https://www.parkwithabm.com/c1-parking-lot?utm_source=gmb&utm_medium=5terminalstreet&utm_campaign=google

Interestingly, the link on that page says: Cruise ship parking must be purchased online

On 10/15/2023 at 7:21 PM, misterbuds said:

Excellent, thank you so much for following up.  I was reading a different thread (and I initially posted on that thread before seeing this one).  Can you tell me if this is the C1 lot you are referring to:

Flynn Marine Park Garage

12 Drydock Ave

Thank you!

On 10/18/2023 at 8:09 AM, lx200gps said:

Thanks very much for the update. We're going to be sailing from Boston for the first time next summer, and this seems to be the best option for us as well. Q: how big is this lot and assuming we are early arrivers (say 9AM), will we possibly have any issues finding a spot?

This appears to be the site:

https://www.parkwithabm.com/c1-parking-lot?utm_source=gmb&utm_medium=5terminalstreet&utm_campaign=google

Interestingly, the link on that page says: Cruise ship parking must be purchased online

I don't think anyone will have an issue with the lot being full since it's impossible to book online even though there's a link.  Most people just book the massport parking on fargo st. because you can prepay for that lot online.  It's about a 10-15 minute walk from the terminal.  They offer a shuttle but expect a delay when trying to get back to your vehicle on departure due to long lines.  The C1 lot is a good size lot.  It was only about 1/4 full.  You can view the lot on google maps.

• Like 1

On 10/19/2023 at 4:54 PM, TJA27 said:

Excellent, thank you so much for following up.  I was reading a different thread (and I initially posted on that thread before seeing this one).  Can you tell me if this is the C1 lot you are referring to:

Flynn Marine Park Garage

12 Drydock Ave

Thank you!

The C1 lot is located at 5 Terminal Street Boston, MA 02210

• Thanks 1

Just now, misterbuds said:

I don't think anyone will have an issue with the lot being full since it's impossible to book online even though there's a link.  Most people just book the massport parking on fargo st. because you can prepay for that lot online.  It's about a 10-15 minute walk from the terminal.  They offer a shuttle but expect a delay when trying to get back to your vehicle on departure due to long lines.  The C1 lot is a good size lot.  It was only about 1/4 full.  You can view the lot on google maps.

Thanks for the feedback. A 10 or 15 minute walk is nothing for us, so it sounds like there are plenty of options. I had also noticed that there is a covered parking garage nearby as well, do you have any experience with that one? Even though we'll be sailing in July, the idea of a covered garage is appealing to us.

20 minutes ago, lx200gps said:

Thanks for the feedback. A 10 or 15 minute walk is nothing for us, so it sounds like there are plenty of options. I had also noticed that there is a covered parking garage nearby as well, do you have any experience with that one? Even though we'll be sailing in July, the idea of a covered garage is appealing to us.

The garage parking across the street from the terminal used to be available for cruise parking years ago but it's no longer.