Wow, huge price increase

sdrocks

On 8/29/2023 at 4:51 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

Or finding a travel agent with group rates that were locked in over a year ago and are now 50% or more less than Royals website prices

I stumbled across this and was surprised how much we saved ! Almost 50%. Crazy.

• Like 3

We noticed the same the other day! My son wants to take a California/Mexico cruise for his senior trip in Spring 2025. We usually cruise in a GS with the kids as it comfortably sleeps 4 people (myself, husband and both kids) and the two sinks in the bathroom is a lifesaver. However, we are probably just booking two connecting balcony staterooms. The JS on this cruise would be $14k with my Emerald discount while two balcony staterooms would be $5k. I will be diamond by this sailing so we will have the perks of diamond boarding and diamond lounge so suite benefits at this point for us are really just the use of suite lounge and the gold sail and sign card (ladeedaaaa LOL). None of those are worth an extra $9k BEFORE drink packages, shore excursions, airfare and before/after sailing arrangements. I think $20k+ is entirely too much for a week vacation in Mexico. 

36 minutes ago, HappySailer88 said:

I stumbled across this and was surprised how much we saved ! Almost 50%. Crazy.

We will be booking through our new TA friend for sure as he can usually get us great rates and OBC. It's still crazy how inflated the prices are getting though and our TA sent out an email warning his clients of this trend. Let's hope people stop paying the overly inflated prices (doubtful) and things level out again. 

• Like 1