Crystal Claims/Moeker

Jinn

Has anyone else received an email from them?  I did today, disputing my $2539.00 claim because they say I have been reimbursed by my travel insurance company and am owed only $2,185.42.  I was reimbursed by my insurance company  but that was for the 2021 cruise to Bermuda when I was kicked off the ship one night because I was exposed to a person who was exposed to a person who had covid and had to pay for a night's stay in a less than satisfactory hotel.  Many of you had to suffer through my complaints until I was let back on the ship.  Frankly, since Crystal has given me credits for 2 cruises I really was not expecting anything from Moeker and don't know what to do now.  Julia

Hi Julia -- I haven't received one, but we're at this point of the process according to reports, so this is normal.

They've spent the past few months trying to match up the claims to the data they got from some insurance providers and Crystal's credit card reps.  To say that's a manual process with partial data is making it sound way too precise.  If there is anything close, and they can't rule it out from the data they were provided, they will dispute your claim and as you to submit more detail to protect your claim.

I wouldn't hesitate to submit further documentation to them showing your separate bookings and how they were resolved or left unresolved.  

If you don't want to spend any extra time on it that's understandable, but the dispute of the claim is more of a flag than a denial, it just means they found a complication that disqualifies it unless you care to clear it up.  If it were me, I'd appeal it and provide what's needed, but that's just me and I'm stubborn.

Vince

7 hours ago, Jinn said:

Has anyone else received an email from them?  I did today, disputing my $2539.00 claim because they say I have been reimbursed by my travel insurance company and am owed only $2,185.42.  I was reimbursed by my insurance company  but that was for the 2021 cruise to Bermuda when I was kicked off the ship one night because I was exposed to a person who was exposed to a person who had covid and had to pay for a night's stay in a less than satisfactory hotel.  Many of you had to suffer through my complaints until I was let back on the ship.  Frankly, since Crystal has given me credits for 2 cruises I really was not expecting anything from Moeker and don't know what to do now.  Julia

Julia, there are some people on this board who had their disputes questioned and also on one other board I follow.

If you have the documentation that backs up your submission I would followup with Moecker to get that corrected.

You are definitely not alone and this has been going on for months.

We got an e-mail a few months ago and that was just showing what we had requested and the max that we could get with is substantially less than that so we have no further action. In the meantime we are making great used of the vouchers that we have received as we got a second one due to Crystal allowing those who had river cruise and expedition ship bookings to request this too which  we did.

Keith