Turnover time from Carnival Cruiseport to Brisbane airport

Greetings from Arkansas!  If ship docks at 8am, what is the earliest flight I should book to Melbourne?  Are there taxis waiting at dock?  I have had trouble hooking up with Uber in Portugal recently.  Thanks for any advice.

The ship would normally be disembarking before 8am. On a good day 10am is doable, but Carnival would say to book flights for noon or later so I will go with them.

Ubers are a bit thin at the Brisbane terminal. There are cabs, but not reliable enough to rely on an urgent airport dash. Carnival will also have a transfer coach to the airport, which is competitively priced for 2, but a bit expensive pp for 3 or more.

• Like 1

If you look on a map, the Brisbane cruise ship terminal looks as if it is right next to the airport. But, in fact, the short route would take you right across the runways, so you have to travel around three sides of a square to get to the passenger terminal.   It isn't a quick transfer, and the taxi/Uber situation can vary. The cruise terminal is down a long dead end road in an industrial area, not close to houses, hotels, shops etc, so a taxi has to make a deliberate decision to drive there in the hope of getting a fare. Sometimes that leads to delays.

Brisbane to Melbourne is a popular flight route with multiple flights per day.  I'd stay safe and book one for 12 noon or later.

• Like 2