Partly-Live, sort of blog: 4 nights Ventura

Cloudyrain

58 minutes ago, Cloudyrain said:

Final thoughts

Films: there was a lack of films on board. I know it was only 4 days, and most people don’t cruise to watch films; but I quite like a film, and considering it’s not an option on the room TV it’s a bit of a shame there aren’t more showings in public areas. The first time we went many years ago they used to show things in the Theatre in the afternoon, and in a bar in the evening, and this seems to have stopped.

Cabins: they aren’t modern but they are comfy and clean. They don’t do turn down anymore, or biscuits, but it isn’t a massive detriment.

Drinks: service is brilliant, prices are good, and the quality and options were great. I never feel the need to have the drinks package on p&o, but the new system seems a little over complicated for those who do have it. 

Food: some food is great, other food is awful, but I don’t think this is anything new! The design of the buffet is terrible, and sometimes the options are poor, but it’s generally ok. 

Kids club: this was brilliant. There were always slots available, and the staff were wonderful. 

Public areas: clean, tidy, and well maintained. 

Arcade: hidden under the theatre and not very well advertised this is a great space for kids and teens. There are some awful grabber machines, but the rest are 50p to £1.50 and provide decent VFM (well, compared to arcades in the UK!).

Overall we had a lovely holiday, at a great price, and I would definitely book this particular cruise again, and the Ventura.

We did this cruise in June (same ship) and we did have biscuits when we arrived, they weren’t replaced though so my husband asked a cabin steward who was outside our cabin and she gave us some!

I have done a few 4night cruises and never found them to be ‘booze cruises’ We had a 3 night over the weekend on Britannia last Easter that had a lively atmosphere at sailaway but other than that it was fine.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cloudyrain said:

Films: there was a lack of films on board. I know it was only 4 days, and most people don’t cruise to watch films; but I quite like a film, and considering it’s not an option on the room TV it’s a bit of a shame there aren’t more showings in public areas. 

Must admit that when on Iona i do enjoy an afternoon lay on the bed and watch a movie and chill for a couple of hours.  We are on Ventura next year and I think I will miss the movie selection

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Harryjacobs said:

Must admit that when on Iona i do enjoy an afternoon lay on the bed and watch a movie and chill for a couple of hours.  We are on Ventura next year and I think I will miss the movie selection

I think that’s what made it noticeable: we were on the Iona a few months ago and the options for films were great. Especially good because it meant I could stay up and watch a film while my son slept: on the positive side I read lots of books this holiday 😂