Sunset Beach Shocker

okiemom

I just called the 800 number to Sunset Beach Jamaica and boy was I shocked!:eek: I was curious if what I have been told by others was correct. I have been told that the cost for the day at SB is $40.00 for adults and $20.00 for kids. Well guess what the 800 number told me! The cost I was quoted was $70.00 for adults and $40.00 for kids!!!!:eek: :eek: No I did not studder! I ask the guy to repeat himself and he again confirmed the cost. The resort is available for the day pass from 10 am to 6 pm. I guess I need to rethink our decision to go to the resort in December. I don't think I can swing $220.00 for the four of us. This is a big difference from the $120.00 we were planning. If you would like to check the rates for yourself, I called 1-800-234-1707 and told them I was interested in the Montego Bay resort. Anyone been to this resort lately??? Is this the rate that they quote on the phone and it is cheaper at the actual resort? Any suggestions welcomed. We are a family of four (two parents and two sons 7 & 3).

Did you mention that you were a cruise ship passenger??

I believe they discount for cruise ship passengers.

The Rose Hall REsort has all inclusive day passes for cruise pessengers for 55.00 adults, and I think 35.00 for children. It sounds a lot like Sunset Beach, with prettier grounds and a more tropical setting. about 15-20 minutes fro Montego Bay.

I just got off the phone with SSB... asked them what a grounds pass would cost for one day. $70 for adults, $40 for kids under age 12.

I then clarified for him that I was a cruise passenger. Immediately he back tracked and said that cruise passengers get a DISCOUNTED rate of $40 for adults, $20 for kids under 12.

I did all of this knowing that I am not going back anytime soon (errr, well maybe on another cruise in the future). I was one of the fortunate ones who has been there and was able to get in for $20 (August '05, before the water park opened). Best $20 I have EVER spent, and would gladly spend $40 now to go there. Loved the place so much that we have looked at just going to the resort itself for a couple of days.

Hope this helps ease your mind...

Joe.

Jshawnh...Isn't Rose Hall where the white witch haunts? I know it's silly but if I saw a ghost I would freak!:eek: Saw something on the Travel Channel about Rose Hall and the White Witch. I will still look into the tour though! Thank for your suggestion.

Joe...Thanks for checking on that for me! I didn't tell the guy that I was a cruise passenger just that I wanted to know the cost for the day. We really want to do this resort but I will just have to see how things work out when we get there.

Thank you very much for your reponses and advice! It is most appreciated!:)

We went to Sunset Beach right before the water park opened, and we will definately spend the extra money to go back. We loved it! Be sure to explore. We didn't realize how big it was until we were leaving!

Jshawnh...Isn't Rose Hall where the white witch haunts? I know it's silly but if I saw a ghost I would freak!:eek: Saw something on the Travel Channel about Rose Hall and the White Witch. I will still look into the tour though! Thank for your suggestion.

There is a Rose Hall beach Resort and a Rose Hall Planation. I think the plantation is where the witch hangs out.

Archived