Booking restaurants on Ventura

silversurf

25 minutes ago, silversurf said:

We sail in less than three weeks but I am unable to book speciality restaurants. Personaliser says ‘coming soon’.

Do we have to wait until we are on board ship? TIA.

‘Coming Soon’ means that bookings will open 14 days before sailing. ‘Enquire on board’ means that you won’t be able to book before you board. 

I have found that other than Epicurian, both the Beach House and Sindu have been bookable onboard. We are only on a 4 day trip, but there were still slots for tonight free this morning when I looked for tonight. However, if you want Epicurean, or a specific date/time then look again a few weeks before you travel.

We were on Ventura a couple of weeks ago. 

The Epicurean, Beach House and Sindhu were bookable 14 days before departure. Something weird happened though - we booked for the formal nights and a birthday night and then we had  an email saying that no speciality bookings could be made before boarding. For a couple of days no bookings could be made, but our reservations were left alone. Then they reopened the bookings. I suppose I’m saying to just keep an eye on it even if it says that you can’t book. 

On board, main dining rooms were ‘turn up and queue’. If they didn’t have a table, they were giving out pagers, not using the MyHoliday app to book but there were zero issues for us. 

The ‘extra charge’ restaurants were all still available to book when on board - it was just Epicurean that was unavailable on formal nights as it had been fully pre-booked. 

MDRs were generally quiet, despite a full ship. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Woolmull said:

On board, main dining rooms were ‘turn up and queue’. If they didn’t have a table, they were giving out pagers, not using the MyHoliday app to book but there were zero issues for 

Oh I do hope they've seen sense and are letting it get back to what worked in the past. If the app works well for the new ships great, but leave the others alone if it doesn't work on them. Fingers and toes crossed.

18 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Oh I do hope they've seen sense and are letting it get back to what worked in the past. If the app works well for the new ships great, but leave the others alone if it doesn't work on them. Fingers and toes crossed.

The feeling I got was very much ‘you no longer need to use the app… just do this instead…’ 

• Like 1