Specialty dining reservation changes once onboard

gverva

With the Labor Day sale going on I'm looking to book some specialty dining for my Jan 2024 sailing on Ascent.  If I book specialty dining pre-cruise and assuming availability is not a problem once onboard, is it possible to move the reservation to a different day while keeping the price I paid pre-cruise?

For example, if I book Eden on Day 2 for $45 pre-cruise and once onboard I want to move it to Day 5, does the booking get re-priced to prevailing onboard pricing ($60)?  Or can they simply move the booking without any change to cost?

They will move it if there is space available but you may not get the same time.  
If you are considering doing this for Eden just an fyi our experience in 6 sailings on E class is that Eden sells to its staffing capacity most every night. 

The  7N or shorter sailings are harder to get into or move reservations for the most popular restaurants.

I plan to do this after I can finally see the proper menus for my upcoming cruise. I took advantage of the sale to book few specialty nights but just chose random nights because our menus are not available after day 7. Should be no issue for us since we like to have dinner at 8. If you are a 6pm type of person, you may have issues depending on the ship and restaurant.

I have also tried every know trick in the book to see current menus but they are all based off a 7 day cruise with only two sea days so our 14 day cruise only shows this information as well as all other sailings of this ship.