Miami -- Everglades Airboat Tours

phillygwm

I have the better part of a day to kill once my ship arrives back in Miami.  The ship offers an Everglades airboat excursion with a return to MIA.  Given that you have a place to stow your bags, this is ideal, if a bit pricey.  However, the tour length is pretty short; you're only on the airboat for about 1/2 hour.

Has anyone done this "on your own"?  I'd like the boat tour to be at least an hour, preferably a bit longer.  We don't need to be at the airport until 2:00 conservatively.  If a company picks up at Cruiseport Miami, that's great but we can jump into a taxi/Uber if needed.  More important would be a place to safely stow luggage while we're out on the tour.

Thanks in advance!

We did the airboat ride out of MIA a few years ago. Enjoyed it very much. We also had to wait on line for about 20 min. to board the airboat. The one we took had gators roaming the property free. The boat ride was about 45 min. long with a gator show at the end.  Arrived at MIA just about 2pm. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Capt_BJ said:

in the summer it is gonna be HOT AND HUMID and getting wind blow & a lil wet with swamp water and darn sweaty is not my best idea for spending the next few hours on an airplane . . . 

Yeah, but this would be mid-November.  I totally agree:  In the Florida Summer I'm moving from air conditioned building to A/C'd car and repeat!