Lirica Transatlantic - 3 May '06

stowaway2k

Hi A Couple Of Poms From West Australia Will Be With You [retired On World Trip] This Is Only The Second Cruise We Have Been On.i Love These Boards So We Know How Things Tick. Although The Comments On Food Vary So Much We Will Wait And See. Catch You Later....

Aussie Aussie Aussie!

Hello,

Last year there were a large number of Aussies on the cruise, and a few Kiwis as well.

The Aussies dominated the shuffleboard and table tennis tournements!

I never heard any complaints about the food. I'm sure it will be as good this year, last year it was very good.

see you in Florida!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Kyle!

It's Mary Ann from last years trip. Barbara, Linda and myself are "doing it again!" You had lunch with us a few times at Ciccio's table. I can't say enough about last years' cruise.................I don't know what all the moaning is about. You just can't please SOME people.

I'll see you on board. I wonder if we'll find other repeaters.

It's coming fast!!

Mary Ann

Hi Kyle!

You're Right! The Food Was Wonderful, And I Got So Tired Of Reading The Negatives That I Started To WRITE!

I Have Been Writing To The Lirica's Office Since December, Trying To Find Out If Ciccio Was There, And The Answer I Keep Getting Back Is:we Can't Find Out Anything.

So, I Let It Go, But Rest Assured, I'll Be In The Dining Room To Find Out And Change Accordingly.

I, And My Partners In Crime, Look Forward To Seeing You!

Mary Ann

stowaway2k

Hi Kyle

Hope your 06 transatlantic is as great as the one we were on last year. I considered doing it again as I failed to get my magnets from Portugal and Spain but opted to do the 11 day to Panama and Costa Rica instead on Feb. 26. Another great trip on Lirica. Keep traveling.

Traveling Lady with the Mexican Cane.

Hi Kyle

How lucky are you doing the wonderful Trans Atlantic cruise again. We really wish that we could be with you, we so enjoyed the cruise last year. We will be cruising on the Lirica again this year, :) we have booked to go on the Norwegian Fiords cruise in June, this will be to celebrate my birthday - you will remember it was Rogers celebration last year.

We hope that you find Ciccio on the Lirica, we are also hoping to see him. When we finished our cruise last year he told me that he was going on the Sinfonia, but I am hoping that he will be back on the Lirica - he was such a fantastic waiter.

We hope that all is going well with you and that you have a wonderful time on the Lirica in May, we will be thinking of you enjoying all that gorgeous Italian food.

Regards Irene & Roger

Hi Kyle

How lucky are you doing the wonderful Trans Atlantic cruise again. We really wish that we could be with you, we so enjoyed the cruise last year. We will be cruising on the Lirica again this year, :) we have booked to go on the Norwegian Fiords cruise in June, this will be to celebrate my birthday - you will remember it was Rogers celebration last year.

We hope that you find Ciccio on the Lirica, we are also hoping to see him. When we finished our cruise last year he told me that he was going on the Sinfonia, but I am hoping that he will be back on the Lirica - he was such a fantastic waiter.

We hope that all is going well with you and that you have a wonderful time on the Lirica in May, we will be thinking of you enjoying all that gorgeous Italian food.

Regards Irene & Roger

Hello!!!

It is soooo good to hear from you!

Didn't we have the most wonderful cruise last year?

The two of you were such good company. I remember Roger's birthday dinner very well! I've yet to have a birthday on a cruise. How fun that you'll get your chance.

Your fjords cruise sound really nice.

I looked into staying on the Lirica after Genoa for the continuation of her repositioning, up to Copenhagen, but my TA said that cruise was sold out.

I'll let you know if we are lucky to have Ciccio, one of the best waiters sailing the seven seas, on board again. Remember his gorgeous wife, who joined the ship later in the cruise?

Looking forward to hearing all about the fjords cruise

Nice to see you all getting excited as trip draws near. HAs anyone received their documents yet as we are still waiting.HAPPY EASTER. TREVOR.

Hello Trevor,

Not to worry you, but I have had mine for nearly a month now.

See you in Florida!

Hi everyone!

No, Barbara and I have no docs, as yet! I called last Tues, and the travel agency had not received them from the Lirica.

Little do they know............we're going on that ship, docs or not!

Kyle, how did you manage to get them so EARLY?

Be seeing you soon!!

Mary Ann

Hi everyone,

My husband and i are also going on this cruise (in 2 weeks may I add)for our 20th wedding aniversary. I've been trying to post on these books for a while now and it wouldn't let me before now.

This will be our first cruise and I'm so excited. I've been reading the boards ( and just ignoring all the bad stuff) I figure this being our first cruise; we don't have anything else to compare it too.

Kyle, I checked out your web pictures, thank you. It looks like a really ship when you see someone pictures of it verse the brochures pictures (they can make ANYTHING look good in the glossy magazines :p )

So hopeful we'll meet some of you on board.

Wendy & Mark

Hi Wendy and Mark,

Congrats on your 20th!

Is the actual date during the cruise?

You're sure to have a wonderful time.

Do you plan on staying in Europe after the cruise, to continue your anniversary celebrations?

see you in Florida!

Hi Wendy and Mark:

First...............congrats on your anniversary!

Second............don't listen to the negative comments. That's why I wrote in the first place! As you read, we had a wonderful time, as did Kyle.

There are 4 of us, including Kyle, repeating the cruise.

Maybe we will meet on board?

We're down to just days now!

Mary Ann

Kyle:

We really wanted to spend time in Italy but I wasn't able to get a flight home anywhere out of Italy for the dates we needed to be home by. So we are going to spend 1 night in Genoa and then fly to London England for 3 days and the return to Toronto from London.

MaryAnn:

Do we have anything arranged for meeting up?

Anything you experts want to share with me, that we should bring, do or "must see", I'd love to know!

Wendy

Hi there trevor from aussie, we are staying in genoa for three nights before flying to uk with RYANAIR from genoa to london stansted do you know about this cutprice airline, if you can still arrange to stay in italy a bit longer.. p.s, we still have not received our docshave advised SKYAUCTIONS told they are still coming WELL COME THE DAY WE ALSO WILL BE THERE WITH OR WITHOUT. REGARDS TREVOR...

I finally received my travel docs today! About time!!

They spelled my name wrong, will call my travel agent tomorrow and find out if it will be a problem. I don't want any hassles when I check in!!

Wendy, no we didn't have plans to meet, but maybe Kyle can introduce us.

12 days and counting...................

Mary Ann;)

Hi there trevor from aussie, we are staying in genoa for three nights before flying to uk with RYANAIR from genoa to london stansted do you know about this cutprice airline, if you can still arrange to stay in italy a bit longer.. p.s, we still have not received our docshave advised SKYAUCTIONS told they are still coming WELL COME THE DAY WE ALSO WILL BE THERE WITH OR WITHOUT. REGARDS TREVOR...

Hi Trevor,

I am experienced with Ryanair. Be sure to read their fine print.

I believe that your itinerary with Ryanair is unchangeable. They're very strict.

As far as docs, you'll be on the ship's passenger manifest. Boarding will be no problem without docs, if it should come to that.

Pretty soon I think that cruising, like flying, will be ticketless. You'll just need a confirmation number or email printout and a passport.

I am in Genoa post-cruise for two nights. Where are you staying? I'm at the Hotel Agnello d'Oro.

Then I fly to Amsterdam for three nights, take the overnight ferry to Newcastle, travel Scotland for two weeks, ferry to Belfast, and eventually fly home from Dublin.

And arrive home penniless. :eek:

but maybe Kyle can introduce us.

;)

I vant to be alone...

kidding!

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone, and within the next week or so we should all agree on a time and place to meet up. :D

The Lord Nelson Pub is usually uncrowded...

Kyle...........Wow! that sounds like a great itinerary!

I'm coming straight back to Florida (where I have been since January) to close up my house for hurricane season. They say it will be another bad one. Been lucky so far!

Mary Ann

Archived