Lirica Transatlantic - 3 May '06

stowaway2k

;) Thanks for the good wishes..............I am looking forward to it. Rest assured, if it falls short of the last trip, I will post it.

My experience last year was so opposite of yours, that it's hard to believe we were on the same ship!!

Hi there trevor from aussie, we are staying in genoa for three nights before flying to uk with RYANAIR from genoa to london stansted do you know about this cutprice airline, if you can still arrange to stay in italy a bit longer.. p.s, we still have not received our docshave advised SKYAUCTIONS told they are still coming WELL COME THE DAY WE ALSO WILL BE THERE WITH OR WITHOUT. REGARDS TREVOR...

YUP- Ryanair- flight May 21 1:30pm to Stansted 14.99EUR :D I still need a to book a hotel in Genoa... last thing left to do.

Hi everyone,Kyle i traveled with ryanair last year and had no problems but being retired no problem,only cost us 1.99euro each plus17euro taxes, speaks for itself. Thanks for advice re docs this is the question i keep on asking skyauctions what happens if we arrive without,they just say they are coming and dont answer the question. We fly from Perth w.a. on sunday, night in Brisbane qld and fly via LAX to Miami staying two nights at Wyndham grand bay hotel coconut grove with a Tri-County shuttle to port[arrive about 11 00am] is this too early?We are staying at the Hotel Helvetia in Genoa not far from you, is it a short walk from the ship or a taxi ride? P.S. I have played a few leads in musical comedy and like a sing around the piano is this done on this ship. REGARDS TO ALL FELLOW TRAVELERS TREVOR pps This our ruby anniversary trip[i cant be that old]

We are staying at the Hotel Helvetia in Genoa not far from you, is it a short walk from the ship or a taxi ride? P.S. I have played a few leads in musical comedy and like a sing around the piano is this done on this ship. REGARDS TO ALL FELLOW TRAVELERS TREVOR pps This our ruby anniversary trip[i cant be that old]

I'm going to look up the location of my hotel. If it is at all possible to walk it from the ship, I will. I remember last year the taxi situation at the pier was a nightmare!! Total chaos. When we finally did get a taxi, we were drastically over-charged for what turned out to be a very short ride to the train station.

There will be a passenger talent show, so I guess we'll all see you up on stage? :eek:

What's to stop you from starting your own sing-along? Just sit down at a piano and go for it! :rolleyes:

Kyle,

I reserved (or tried to) a taxi this year, plus 3 nights at the Lido Palace in Santa Marguerita. I could have swallowed the ridiculous hotel fee, but it was $135. X 2 OF US FOR A TAXI!! She tried to tell me it was quite a distance...............I think not!

Mary Ann

Like a lot of cruisers, I like to see what other ships are in port with me.

I did a search, and it looks like we'll have all our Caribbean ports to ourselves! No crowds, and you know how those people off of cruise ships can be! :rolleyes:

In Fort Lauderdale, we'll have the Coral Princess to keep us company before we depart. I hope the Coral Princess departs first, as it's always a beautiful sight, to see another ship sail by.

We'll have both Funchal and Malaga to ourselves.

On our second day in Barcelona, we'll be joined by

Voyager of the Seas

MSC Sinfonia, our near twin

Costa Fortuna

If you're up early enough, you can see them arrive.

In Genoa we'll see the Costa Europa.

Hopefully, we'll not be at the same terminal as Costa Europa, as she to will be there on a turn-around.

Passengers from two ships disembarking into the same terminal at the same time can be chaos.

As it is, getting a taxi at the Genoa teminal is rough enough. There is no order to it, just everyone for themselves.

But who cares? We're in beautiful Genova, in glorious Italy! :) :)

Viva Italia! La Dolce Vita!

See you all in, four days!! :eek: I'd better start planning! ;)

Great research Kyle!- See you on Wed. (what day are we meeting in the pub?)

Any idea how full the ship is?- I'm looking for a mighty upgrade;)

I'm packing today...I hope I've got everything.

Is it cool in the evenings on the Atlantic and in Med?

Any last minute stuff I need:confused: .

Wendy

Great research Kyle!- See you on Wed. (what day are we meeting in the pub?)

Any idea how full the ship is?- I'm looking for a mighty upgrade;)

I'm packing today...I hope I've got everything.

Is it cool in the evenings on the Atlantic and in Med?

Any last minute stuff I need:confused: .

Wendy

Hi Wendy,

I'm not sure how full the ship is. Last year it wasn't sold out.

We would all love a mighty upgrade, wouldn't we?! woohooo! I think I have a pretty good cabin, deck 10, all the way aft.

The Atlantic will probably be cool in the evenings, be prepared for that. And some of the days could be cool as well. One never knows, out there in the Atlantic. This time of year, the Med, to, can be cool.

Last year we had beautiful weather every day but one, in the mid-Atlantic, but that didn't last long. The day we were in St. Lucia it rained for a few hours.

The seas were smooth the entire cruise.

Last minute stuff? A smile, a passport, and a credit card! icon10.gif

As for meeting, how about Thursday, (our first full day) noon, Lord Nelson Pub?

I hope I don't forget! icon9.gif

• 4 weeks later...

Hi:

Barbara, Linda and myself are back. The trip home was crazy as usual!

Hydrolics let go on the way to the airport. Right in the middle of Italy's traffic! They were not pleased, and I wonder if they thought we WERE. They had to send another bus,,,,,,,,,yippee, NOW there are 2 buses in the road! It got even better when they transfered the luggage! It worked out fine, we made GOA in plenty of time, but for some reason the plane left 15 mins late. Not good when you only have 55 mins. between flights. We were told that our flight waited, 5 mins later we were told that it left.

Air France put us up in a hotel and gave us dinner and breakfast vouchers. This would have been fun.............but we were all sick!

We were flown back to Milan the next morning, and flew home to Boston from Milan.

We had no idea where our luggage was. It wasn't in Boston. I stayed overnight at the Hilton Hotel right at the airport, because the only Jet Blue flight to FL leaving on Sunday connected in NY............... at that point I couldn't deal with NY and flew out at 8:30 AM on Monday.

So, I'm home safe and sound nursing whatever virus this is. I know that I will find all this funny when I'm well. :D

Hope everyone elses trip home was uneventful! Other than that the cruise was thoroughly enjoyable, but I did miss the charisma of Italian waiters!

Mary Ann

• 1 month later...

Trevor here again after returning from around world trip.What a fab time on transatlantic crossing(OR WAS IT A MILLPOND)sorry you did not catch up with me I too met Kyle and if you saw talent show I sang SOME ENCHANTED EVENING , Anyhow a great time was had by all CANT FORGET SAM what a character REGARDS TO ALL TREVOR

Hi Trevor,

I wondered if that was you singing! I love that cruise, that's why we did it again. I never saw water that flat in the middle of the ocean!! Took several pix of it to show everyone, I figured no one would believe me.

I had a ball, but then I don't expect everything to be perfect, it rarely is. And I don't sweat the small stuff!

Glad you're home safe and sound.

Mary Ann

Archived