Cruise Insurance Types

Cruising1122

I am sure this topic has been discussed and asked thousands of time. I have never purchase cruise insurance and now I am getting older so starting to think about it.

Q: Cruise Insurance from Cruise Company

I am assuming this insurance only covers Cruise portion of Travel? not before and after? I have seen here lot of people buy these from cruise companies, any particular reason why or lack of knowledge?

Q: Lets say you bought your Cruise and airline tickets from big online travel websites. There are many dot coms around. I don't want to mention any names. I did this mistake by asking this question. I was banned from this forum. and only way to get re-instated was to plead guilty to Cruise Critic and admitted that I knowingly promoted somethings. I asked question naively comparing 2 products by mentioning names!

Thing are many dot com travel websites there is NOT a link between Cruise booking and airline booking. You book one first, pay for it and then book other one and pay for it. Every one more than happy to sell you insurance. Question is buying insurance from big internet based dot com covers whole thing or depends as they are selling you 2 things separately?

Q: There are some big name retailer also sell travel packages and again insurance (I bet profit margin must be very high on insurance products as every one is selling them). Is it best to buy from them or 3rd party (my next question)?

Q: In an other post here on Cruise Critic someone posted a link to article which take to sort of market place of 3rd party travel insurance companies where you add your requirements like what you need and it shows different insurance companies and their rates (again not going to mention name as not to get banned again!). Plus then you read insurance policy detail what is covered. Is that more suitable route?