Live From The Carnival Freedom: Crossing the Atlantic for a New Whale Tail

jam19872016

33 minutes ago, Riles34 said:

You need to get some Bonine to help that sea sickness!

7 minutes ago, Knights on the Beach said:

I second this! I don't often get seasick but there was one day last year on Mardi Gras we had some rough weather. Fortunately my DIL had some Bonine ginger pills and it worked great. I only had to take one that day but now I take a box on every cruise just in case. We live on the beach in Cape Canaveral and the waves are pretty big right now. 

I did but unfortunately it's not helping. It's old but I checked the expiration and it's good till January 2025. Maybe I didn't take it soon enough?  I'm not sure what the problem is.

• Like 1

Thanks for taking us along for the very long ride, er rather cruise.

And I always thought your name was James!

Sure hope you feel better soon.

Was on the Freedom 2 weeks ago for 5day/4day b2b. Had a nice relaxing time with only the first day some bumpy weather. Hope yours improves.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jam19872016 said:

I did but unfortunately it's not helping. It's old but I checked the expiration and it's good till January 2025. Maybe I didn't take it soon enough?  I'm not sure what the problem is.

If you can get to Guest Services, they'll give you some. I get it bad even when the seas are smooth so I know that feeling. I hope you feel better in the morning.  Is your mom ok?

Edited by fla33023
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, jam19872016 said:

DH never has an issue w/motion sickness until recently on one particularly bouncey AK cruise. Guest Services gave him pills and said to eat a green apple 🍏 when he takes them. He did and it helped. We now grab a couple green apples Day 1 & make sure we have a couple on hand throughout the cruise.

You might try eating one with your next dose.

Hope you feel better soon.

• Like 8

I was feeling better by 8 so I got up and tried again. This time I was successful at making it to the buffet.

Dinner menu.

20230912_202351.thumb.jpg.f71a18a280358efe4125fadf587d02a9.jpg

The buffet presentation was bad. Really really bad. Everything was near empty and no care was being taken to adjust the contents to keep it fresh looking. 

That said the food all tasted very nice. I did not get much because it didn't look good but I was pleasantly surprised. 

20230912_202604.thumb.jpg.c31454e7e2d827154e4727092c381d64.jpg

• Like 7

After that I took a walk and got in 23 laps, about 2.5 miles.  Stopped off for a starry and came inside to cool off.

Inside I could feel the motion again and then a stack of plates crashed to the floor and that was my sign to come back to the room.

Back in bed feeling a little better but definitely not 100% yet. 

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Knights on the Beach said:

That could be. My DIL is prone to seasickness (but loves to cruise) so she takes it proactively. The ocean is kind of wild right now for sure, so you might want to keep taking it for the time being. I hope you feel better soon!

Thank you.

2 hours ago, Ciaranaman said:

ugh, I sure hope you're feeling better sooner rather than later.  Maybe the first-day celebratory drinks made it worse?  Regardless, maybe a decent night sleep will help 🤞

~Bernadette

I'm sure it did. Bummer because ive paid for the drinks even if i dont drink them lol.

Yes hopefully enough rest will bring me to life by morning. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HeyJut said:

Thanks for taking us along for the very long ride, er rather cruise.

And I always thought your name was James!

Sure hope you feel better soon.

Was on the Freedom 2 weeks ago for 5day/4day b2b. Had a nice relaxing time with only the first day some bumpy weather. Hope yours improves.

James is a good guess lol. Jam is my initials.

1 hour ago, fla33023 said:

If you can get to Guest Services, they'll give you some. I get it bad even when the seas are smooth so I know that feeling. I hope you feel better in the morning.  Is your mom ok?

I've got plenty just not helping lol. My mom is doing fine just having a hard time walking on top of already being slightly mobility challenged. Other than that she's handling it like an old sailor 😆

• Like 6

41 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

DH never has an issue w/motion sickness until recently on one particularly bouncey AK cruise. Guest Services gave him pills and said to eat a green apple 🍏 when he takes them. He did and it helped. We now grab a couple green apples Day 1 & make sure we have a couple on hand throughout the cruise.

You might try eating one with your next dose.

Hope you feel better soon.

Been sucking down ginger ales all day. I may need to add a green apple to the mix.

6 minutes ago, SenatorsFan said:

I hope you will feel much better in the morning.🤞

Thank you. Feeling a little better already especially when i was outside but being back inside I'm a little iffy feeling again. 

• Like 5

Laying in bed I feel fine. When I sit up I don't feel so good again. But that is a nice improvement, maybe I will be able to rest well tonight.

Internet had a couple brief outages. They only lasted a couple minutes and other than that internet has been excellent so far.

I'm going to try and get some sleep now. Good night.

• Like 8

I found a duck last night but so did my mom so she is still leading by one.

Fun times are not delivered to your room. Perhaps they could be requested but that option was not given when my mom asked Gs why she was not getting them. 

Breakfast starts at 8 so we are just killing time right now.

• Like 6

28 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

Good morning.

Ship is still rocking this morning but doesn't seem to be as bad. I'm gonna get up and see about some breakfast. 

That’s good news. Did you check with customer service? NCL hands out anti nausea pills like party favors. Maybe they have something that will work better.

15 minutes ago, hard_eight said:

Seas still showing as rough. Amber Cove would be busy with the Mardi Gras there as well. Enjoy the spa day!

image.thumb.png.b3190a36d55ac7c8af904d7299e0cfe4.png

I suspect we are sheltered being so close to land and now docked. The waves breaking along the shore seem to confirm that. I feel like a real person again at the moment so ill worry about that tonight lol.

• Like 8