Live From The Carnival Freedom: Crossing the Atlantic for a New Whale Tail

jam19872016

I'm so happy to be back on Freedom. It's been a wonderful reunion with all the wonderful crew we sailed with for three weeks already.

I'm winding down for the evening. Tomorrow is Valencia and I am still not sure if I'm getting off the ship. It wasn't a very exciting port, although very pretty. I do kind of want to walk around again but I'm going to play it by ear based on how bad the shuttle lines are in the morning, they were pretty bad on the crossing over.

Good night, from the Carnival Freedom.

Ole stumpy is whole again!

• Like 19
  • Haha 1

Good morning from Valencia, Spain. 

I could have used a little more sleep but today there is an abandon ship drill today.

The bed is super comfortable. 

Going to make up some laundry bags then head into port if the shuttle bus line isn't too long.

• Like 8

That was a bust.

I felt the Cunard different today. 

Last week we were provided shuttles to the science museum which was hardly exciting but at least near the city center.

This week we had the port provided shuttle that dropped us off right out of the industrial complex. 

Sings indicated it was a 35 minute walk to the museum. 

There may have been more to see nearby, but I hopped on the bus and came back to enjoy a quiet ship since there won't be many opportunities t have the ship to myself.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, jam19872016 said:

Went with a ringer and fries and chilli.

16981422287865153909662036055423.thumb.jpg.985c12de438f935db7d06c18f5020c4d.jpg

As far as I can work out, the only possible purpose of serving this on paper is to hide the fact that the emblem is in the wrong place, or, heaven forfend, that there isn’t one! 🙂

• Haha 8

2 hours ago, jam19872016 said:

That was a bust.

I felt the Cunard different today. 

Last week we were provided shuttles to the science museum which was hardly exciting but at least near the city center.

This week we had the port provided shuttle that dropped us off right out of the industrial complex. 

Sings indicated it was a 35 minute walk to the museum. 

There may have been more to see nearby, but I hopped on the bus and came back to enjoy a quiet ship since there won't be many opportunities t have the ship to myself.

Don’t you also miss making sure the Cunard emblems on each plate match up straight when being served?

Edited by NE John
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

Took in a little sauna time then did some walking si ce I didn't get any steps in in port.

Now I've got my coffee that I've missed so much.

16981522479898436649376472541065.thumb.jpg.74e0c8210e1a1bcdf414503347683125.jpg

I also turned the music off that was bumping to an empty room so I can sit and enjoy in quiet.

• Like 11
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, exlondoner said:

As far as I can work out, the only possible purpose of serving this on paper is to hide the fact that the emblem is in the wrong place, or, heaven forfend, that there isn’t one! 🙂

It's just a clear metal plate underneath no emblem 😆. The logo is on the paper - Guy's. Next door it says Blue Iguana on the paper 🤣

1 hour ago, NE John said:

Don’t you also miss making sure the Cunard emblems on each plate match up straight when being served?

I do miss getting a new utensil at each course 😆. My mom felt fancy having her napkin placed in her lap also.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

Took in a little sauna time then did some walking si ce I didn't get any steps in in port.

Now I've got my coffee that I've missed so much.

16981522479898436649376472541065.thumb.jpg.74e0c8210e1a1bcdf414503347683125.jpg

I also turned the music off that was bumping to an empty room so I can sit and enjoy in quiet.

Very daring. Perhaps,as you spend a lot of time on there and know your way around, they might actually employ you?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, exlondoner said:

Very daring. Perhaps,as you spend a lot of time on there and know your way around, they might actually employ you?

I couldn't work those kind of hours 😅.

The music in empty rooms is frustratingly loud on this ship even by Carnival standards. I needed some quiet time to reflect with my java.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

I couldn't work those kind of hours 😅.

The music in empty rooms is frustratingly loud on this ship even by Carnival standards. I needed some quiet time to reflect with my java.

No, that’s a very good point. Even more amazing is working those hours and looking cheerful.

One of the (many) things I love about Cunard is the quietness and serenity.

Edited by exlondoner
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, exlondoner said:

No, that’s a very good point. Even more amazing is working those hours and looking cheerful.

One of the (many) things is love about Cunard is the quietness and serenity.

My quiet room is too popular. It has attracted someone who wants to make a phone call. And of course he is using speakerphone. Every other word is the F word, and there is a dog barking in the background. 

Glad I was done with my coffee cause I lost my quiet spot 😆

Could never be that cheerful working those hours. It's amazing how they do it.

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

My quiet room is too popular. It has attracted someone who wants to make a phone call. And of course he is using speakerphone. Every other word is the F word, and there is a dog barking in the background. 

Glad I was done with my coffee cause I lost my quiet spot 😆

Could never be that cheerful working those hours. It's amazing how they do it.

Indeed it is.

Sympathies. Why can’t the loud man use his cabin to phone?

• Like 3

Just now, exlondoner said:

Indeed it is.

Sympathies. Why can’t the loud man use his cabin to phone?

It was morbidly fascinating to listen to. The barking dog was too much but the drama this lady on the other end of the phone was like a daytime talk show. I couldn't stand the barking though, had to move on. 

The spiteful person in me wanted to turn the music back on as I left but I behaved.

• Like 2
  • Haha 11

46 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

It's just a clear metal plate underneath no emblem 😆. The logo is on the paper - Guy's. Next door it says Blue Iguana on the paper 🤣

I do miss getting a new utensil at each course 😆. My mom felt fancy having her napkin placed in her lap also.

Once in a while I present a napkin to my DW at home to remind her of getting pampered a bit. She both enjoys that and rolls her eyes too!

• Like 4
  • Haha 6