Akureyri port-Are the docks close to rental car agencies

miami mama

We are looking to rent a car when docked in Akureyri. I see some of the car rental companies list as they cater to cruise ship passengers. Are the docks close to any particular rental car agencies or are there any companies that deliver the rentals to the docks? 

Would appreciatee any advice from others who have rented a car in that port to see the sights. 

We actually did google first. One of the ones for Europcar is listed as being at the port but the location on the map is at the very bottom of the port and not what appears to be the main area where cruise ships might dock. The Europcar showing for the city actually appears closer to where the cruise ships dock. There is Akureyri rent a car that shows close to the port but wouldl be considered a city listing. A few of the reviews indicate they deliver to the port. Just looking to see what others may have actually experienced and found most convenient before I actually call the agencies in Iceland.

• 2 weeks later...

We were there Aug. 20 and discovered there are two ports! For some reason, we had to dock at the one away from the main port, which is where the rental cars and my whale excursion was.

The ship offered a shuttle bus sort of on the half hour. It takes you to the Hof Cultural Center, which is at the main port and by the center of town. I missed the shuttle, and got someone to call me a taxi as you can't readily walk from one port to the other (busy streets).