Has anyone done the Mexican Cuisine Workshop and Tasting through NCL?

tundra1

We are trying to figure out what to do on a Sunday port stop in Cozumel.  We had planned on doing the Cozumel Bar Hop, but they don't operate on Sundays, which is the day we will be there.  I can't tell from the description what this excursion all includes, but is seems rather pricey for what is described.  If anyone has any experience with this tour, and whether they felt they would do it again, please let me know,

Thanks in advance!  🙂

57 minutes ago, tundra1 said:

We are trying to figure out what to do on a Sunday port stop in Cozumel.  We had planned on doing the Cozumel Bar Hop, but they don't operate on Sundays, which is the day we will be there.  I can't tell from the description what this excursion all includes, but is seems rather pricey for what is described.  If anyone has any experience with this tour, and whether they felt they would do it again, please let me know,

Thanks in advance!  🙂

I haven’t done it but I presume you know it is at Playa Mia? There are reviews on TripAdvisor and you tube videos. It used to be very popular but the chef moved to the Tabasco tour at Dolphinaris and I haven’t heard much about it recently. 

Just in case you are looking for Sunday options - Paradise Beach, Nachi Cocom, Del Mar, hotel resort day passes are open as well as most beach bars, Sky Reef, Money Bar, Palancar. I am not sure if all their activities would be available.

Since you are on NCL you will probably dock in town. Buccanos Sunday Brinch is popular with ex-pats - not sure if you would need to book. 

Sundays are the locals family day so there is definitely a different vibe at many places.

If you wanted to do your own “Bar Hop” you could always get a driver for the day and customize a tour to visit the same (and more) places - we use ToursPlaza but there are others, or you can get a taxi at the port if you know where you want to go. Even the east side has a different vibe on a  Sunday with local families enjoying the beach. I wouldn’t wouldn’t recommend east side if it is sargassum season.

We will be there on March 10th, so it might be sargassum season.  I don't want to just make guacamole and salsa, so being at Playa Mia might not be the best option.  We will have a beach day at Harvest Caye the stop before Cozumel, so I was hoping to do something different in Mexico.  Plaza Tours might be our best option.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, tundra1 said:

We will be there on March 10th, so it might be sargassum season.  I don't want to just make guacamole and salsa, so being at Playa Mia might not be the best option.  We will have a beach day at Harvest Caye the stop before Cozumel, so I was hoping to do something different in Mexico.  Plaza Tours might be our best option.

Thanks!

They will at least know what is open on a Sunday and will be able to make suggestions in advance for you to research. You can also customize on the day if sargassum is bad. Unfortunately as I said Sunday is a family day and many tours and locations will be closed. 

If you are looking for something different, Cozumel Trikes seems to be open on Sundays, or one of the photo tours with Tati Biermas

http://cozumelphototours.com