Any Canadians Aboard Upcoming Egypt Cruises?

Keata

As of October 1, 2023 Canadians can no longer enter Egypt unless they have a Visa (e-visa's are no longer valid).  On the Canadian Cruisers Board here on CC there is much information with respect to what other cruise lines have told passengers but no RSS cruisers have posted. As we are traveling in April 2024 I have plenty of time, but I would appreciate if anyone is on a cruise this fall/winter can report back as to what happened - can RSS still do just a stamp as it is a cruise instead of an air arrival.  Mr Moore  @Mike Moore if you could confirm your understanding of this new requirement that would be helpful.  Thank you so much in advance!

Edited by Keata

1 hour ago, Keata said:

As of October 1, 2023 Canadians can no longer enter Egypt unless they have a Visa (e-visa's are no longer valid).  On the Canadian Cruisers Board here on CC there is much information with respect to what other cruise lines have told passengers but no RSS cruisers have posted. As we are traveling in April 2024 I have plenty of time, but I would appreciate if anyone is on a cruise this fall/winter can report back as to what happened - can RSS still do just a stamp as it is a cruise instead of an air arrival.  Mr Moore  @Mike Moore if you could confirm your understanding of this new requirement that would be helpful.  Thank you so much in advance!

I have received word back that our local port agent has verified this new Egypt visa requirement for Canadian passport holders will not affect transit cruise passengers.

As long as the guests arrive and depart with the ship, they will receive a free quick trip excursion stamp upon arrival.  This is the same process that has always been in place.

Should anything change, we will communicate immediately. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Keata said:

@Mike Moore  Thank you very much for the quick response and clarification.  Can not wait to try Regent for the 1st time!

My pleasure. It does seem to still be a fluid situation, with even the local athorities being unclear on exactly what will come of it. Just as soon as we have 100% confirmation, we'll be sure to communicate it out to any impacted guests.