DIY Tours on Constellation

Can anyone help me on DIY tours from the following countries on Constellation Cruise June 17th next. I want to take it easy short tours would suit.

Oslo

Stockholm

Helsinki

Tallinn

Helsingborg

Stockholm is pretty easy if you walk around old town and take the ferry to Vasa.

Helsinki has a nice tram.

Tallinn is easy to walk around.

Read my notes posted at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=3916853&postcount=11

Can anyone help me on DIY tours from the following countries on Constellation Cruise June 17th next. I want to take it easy short tours would suit.

Oslo

Stockholm

Helsinki

Tallinn

Helsingborg

Many Thanks

Hi!

Don and I are also "doing our own thing" on this cruise. Have you booked anything? How many are in your group?

Joan & Don

Ron and I are also planning on doing our own things at most of the stops. We too are on the June 17 cruise.

I have been looking up things to do on our own. I am trying to compile lists of what others did, and checking the city info for things to do and see.

If anyone has any info, I would love to be infoed.

Hello Joan & Don

I hope ye are well about tours We are thinking of only booking the St Petersburg tour as a Visa is required for Russia but if you book with the ship no Visa is required also Red October tours operate tours as well i have written to them via Email for a Quote. Dileep has a very godd report on touring on your own its worth reading. there are 4 in our group. we did the Med last year on Millennium it was wonderful. looking foward to Northern Europe.

God Bless

Dan

dileep's notes are real good...I used them to help me prepare for my June 3 Baltic Cruise. Plus if you have questions, dileep is very active on these boards and has great answers.

Kurt

Thanks Kurt. You should do South America next year! I am Intowines at Yahoo!

Thanks Kurt. You should do South America next year! I am Intowines at Yahoo!

I would love to do SOuth America especially after reading your notes but I have three kids under three so I'm pretty lucky that I'm able to do the Baltic cruise (thanks to my parents for watching them). I'm thinking next year maybe a Southern Carribean (relaxing and not much planning). I saved your S.A. notes just in case plus I sent them to my parents who really want to go their. (your pics are great...how many did you take in the BAltic?)

Kurt

Wow...I bring a dig. cam and a video recorder too. DO you place the video on a DVD or....

I have a pretty compact mini DV Canon camcorder. I take my photos and movies and edit them using Pinnacle Studio and burn a DVD. Most ports end up at 15-30 minutes, except for St. Petersburg that is a full hour.

I also have a full hour composite highlights DVD.

I am still working on my South America DVDs.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.archive.org/details/BalticsCruise2005

This is a compilation of videos and photos of our May 2005 cruise.

Works best if downloaded to your computer. Given the big file, it may take a while!

Easiest way to download is to click on the HTTP link on the bottom left corner in the Download box. That will open up a window showing 5-6 files. Right Click on the WMV file and select Save Target As the option and save the file on your computer.

Enjoy!

Great pictures Dileep! I also enjoyed your Grand Canyon pictures in one of your many albums. Have you ever done the rafting down the Colorado? We did that in 2003 with Canyoneers and it was one of the most spectacular trips we've ever done.

Great pictures Dileep! I also enjoyed your Grand Canyon pictures in one of your many albums. Have you ever done the rafting down the Colorado? We did that in 2003 with Canyoneers and it was one of the most spectacular trips we've ever done.

I am too much of a chicken to try rafting ;)

Archived