NCL Sky Splash Academy

wodyer

Hi,

I'm going on the NCL Sky in a few months with a 6 year old. I know it's a smaller ship but was wondering what is the Splash Academy like, tried to find pictures and videos online but didn't see much. Does it offer similar activities the larger ships have? Anyone had any experience with their kids going to Splash Academy?

Thanks!

7 hours ago, wodyer said:

Hi,

I'm going on the NCL Sky in a few months with a 6 year old. I know it's a smaller ship but was wondering what is the Splash Academy like, tried to find pictures and videos online but didn't see much. Does it offer similar activities the larger ships have? Anyone had any experience with their kids going to Splash Academy?

Thanks!

My daughter absolutely loved Splash Academy on the Gem at 4 1/2 years old and the Star at 6 years old. She was disappointed that we had no sea days on the Star cruise as she wouldn’t be able to spend as much time there. The counselors and the activities are great. The activities I remember are similar to what we’ve seen posted for the Encore as we research for our upcoming cruise.

Make sure to go visit upon embarkation to register your child and so you can see the club (adults are not allowed after then). Also make sure to take them the first night of the cruise to break the ice with the experience and to make friends. Hopefully they’ll love their time there and not want to leave!

Thanks for the info! Yes my daughter has enjoyed going to the kids clubs on larger cruise ships. Seems like Norwegian has similar Splash Academy activities on all their ships. Will definitely sign her up on embarkation day.