Eating in the Haven 2023

BirdTravels

As frequent Haven cruiser, other option is Main Dining Rooms. We will sometimes eat there once per cruise. Concierge can generally get you reservations with 30 minutes heads up.

Edited by StackSkipton

3 hours ago, zqvol said:

You will miss Regent

I know we will and we will still cruise with Regent…but can’t pass up a Galveston cruise on a new ship as we have been taking our now adult grandkids on Carnival and really want something new! 

Hello and thank you for this conversation. We just spent fabulous days in The Haven on the Jade. The breakfast for Haven guest was served in Moderna and lunch in Cagney’s. The pictures and menu from the Encore Haven restaurant are very similar , if not the same, what we were offered on The Jade, but, as I said, these were in Moderna and Cagney’s, because Jade doesn’t have a Haven restaurant and bar. 

We loved our menu options for breakfast and lunch. Food tasted fabulous. 

interesting that the breakfast and lunch menu might be the same for all Haven guest, even if there isn’t a designated Haven restaurant on the ship. 

We are considering upgrading our room from Club Balcony to a Haven suite (Escape, Med Cruise May 2024).  Lots of pros and cons, and one big pro/con is the food.

We are not big beef eaters, don't eat pork or shellfish, so that leaves just a few options when looking at the Dinner menu.

[BTW Thanks for all the photos which really helped!]

My question (which may have already been answered):  The Lunch menu looks a lot more appealing to me than the Dinner menu. Is it possible to have Lunch items for dinner?

20 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

But you would love it more with some lobster or salmon

IMG_5659.jpeg

IMG_5660.jpeg

Ditto️In the Haven I would always include lobster tails as a side dish every chance I get‼️

16 hours ago, zqvol said:

All those photos look nasty

The photos are just a sample of the type of meals available.  The only eggs I eat are scrambled eggs since I’m not an eggs lover.  In the Haven you can request food cooked to your likings, e.g. medium, medium well, etc.

In all restaurants (Haven, MDR, The Local, Buffet, at sea, on land) we order fried eggs or poached eggs (Benedict) (unless we are photographing foods for Cruise Critic 😃)

Scrambled eggs and omelets are usually made from frozen boxed eggs (eggs that  aren’t good enough to be sold as fresh whole eggs). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, benel204 said:

We are considering upgrading our room from Club Balcony to a Haven suite (Escape, Med Cruise May 2024).  Lots of pros and cons, and one big pro/con is the food.

We are not big beef eaters, don't eat pork or shellfish, so that leaves just a few options when looking at the Dinner menu.

[BTW Thanks for all the photos which really helped!]

My question (which may have already been answered):  The Lunch menu looks a lot more appealing to me than the Dinner menu. Is it possible to have Lunch items for dinner?

I think I answered this for you already, but with advance notice, yes you may have lunch for dinner!

Edited by cruiseny4life
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

In all restaurants (Haven, MDR, The Local, Buffet, at sea, on land) we order fried eggs or poached eggs (Benedict) (unless we are photographing foods for Cruise Critic 😃)

Scrambled eggs and omelets are usually made from frozen boxed eggs (eggs that  aren’t good enough to be sold as fresh whole eggs). 

Frozen boxed eggs⁉️. Maybe I’ll try fried eggs with my breakfast steak next time🥹

• Like 1

7 hours ago, benel204 said:

Thanks all for the input.  Sounds like we'd have a broader set of options for dinner, with a little advance communication with the staff.

You can also work with the Maitre d and ask if you can order from the Main Dining Room menu. They will often accommodate, if given enough notice

• Like 1