Port Canaveral-Facial Recognition Question

Michele035

Hi everyone, we are about to cruise out of Port Canaveral for the first time end of October on RCCL Allure.  I wanted to know if anyone who has gone through the port recently seen that they have a NONE facial recognition line?  We went through Ft. Lauderdale in March and they had 2 lines with the "old school" CBP agent checking passports as well as many facial recognition stations.  Does anyone have any knowledge of this?  Appreciate it in advance!

Facial recognition doesn’t work for me- I’m a wheelchair user and don’t can’t get my head in a position that works for their camera. We found this out on a back 2 back cruise last year. After our first cruise, CPB tried for 5 minutes to take my picture before giving up and letting me go old school. A week later, the very same CPB staff person spent another 5 minutes trying to take my picture again. I’d even started the interaction on the second cruise with a “Hi! I’m back! Remember, it didn’t work last week- has anything changed?” They responded , “ No, nothing is new.”

On 9/13/2023 at 6:09 PM, FOPMan said:

Facial recognition doesn’t work for me- I’m a wheelchair user and don’t can’t get my head in a position that works for their camera. We found this out on a back 2 back cruise last year. After our first cruise, CPB tried for 5 minutes to take my picture before giving up and letting me go old school. A week later, the very same CPB staff person spent another 5 minutes trying to take my picture again. I’d even started the interaction on the second cruise with a “Hi! I’m back! Remember, it didn’t work last week- has anything changed?” They responded , “ No, nothing is new.”

Thank you.  We went in March out of Ft. Lauderdale and they did have an "old school" line...what I found funny about it was that it was empty and we sailed through when there were others in line for the facial recognition and sometimes they were moving their heads around to get it to work.  I think they have to legally have 1 "manned" line...the CBP...

Just got off the Wonder this morning.  We used the Passport facial recognition and breezed through as they have a number of stations set up.

All others have to go to another line and present themselves and that line was getting longer and longer as we left.

So glad we have a passport so that we can utilize this feature.  You barely stop walking on the way out of the terminal….

• Like 1