Our Celebrity Infinty Greek Cruise, on our latest day

budmeister

Sadly, it is the last day of our cruise. I am happily sitting in the Constellation at deck 11 forward tip of the ship lounge with a cup of coffee, enjoying the view of Hydra. I love this lounge. It is huge, 3/4s around floor to seating windows,  air conditioned and quiet most of day time.

First, I will comment on a couple of board  type topics.  We had chocolates on our pillows,  our room was cleaned twice if we left long enough at the right times, the dining room coffee was better than expected. Paper daily schedules were delivered each night.There was a sommelier listed for each table on tne plaque and one stopped by each of the 2 nights we were there. The shows we saw were excellent, the mentalist and magician awe- inspiring. Every crew member was exceptionally friendly and helpful, except the one that dropped it a notch because I really wanted something he could not give me. I loved the theater seating of rows of connected couches and little tables for your drinks. And there was room to let people by without standard up. The rooftop terrace was another wondetfull surprise. Couch like seating. Not crowded and split between shade and sun, and fairly quiet, even if a movie was showing. 

I wanted table that was reserved for 2 and not 3 inches from the one next to the next one. 

My only complaints  of the ship  are about the dining room.When the dining room was full and there were lines, I was not accommodated with a true 2 person table or a table for 4 which would have solved the problem, and the slim dining room menu, and service was slow and very understaffed. I am sure it was very frustrating for the crew to work so hard and have guests unhappy with the dining While I liked the dining room dinne food, hubby had the basic chicken the 2 nights we ate there. The menu was slim, with a fish, salmon, ordinary chicken, iffy beef every night. Daily differences included a vegetarian dish I liked and a second chicken or salmon. I love the French onion soup and the salads and appetizers,  plus the vegetarian and pasta choices, so had it better. The Alfredo gnocchi was wondering as well as a fruit curd dessert. 

We ate in the buffet the rest of the cruise and really enjoyed our food. It exceeded our expectations, we cleared our plates instead of taking a bit or two of lots of stuff and not liking it.

Edited by budmeister

Sorry about double content above and typos.  I guess there is a time limit on editing. Also realize it is all about the ship and not Greece and probably should be moved. 

Well, to finish out the ship review...

We never had trouble finding tables in the buffet and you do have to go to the tip in the back  for some of the best food. It looks Iike you are going past where the buffet ends.

There are European and American outlets,  but only 2 of each. If you don't bring adapters, that limits charging your electronics over night when you have a cpap and white noise machine.

The ship is longer than I expected.  I usually book mid ship on a big ship, twice the passengers of this one, and was surprised that the walk from ship aft dining to a room almost the farthest forward room was such a walk.

• 2 months later...

This wasall do helpful! We're doing our first ever cruise on Info ity in April. You've mentioned things i haven't seen elsewhere. A question: are there any smallish wuiet spaces on tve ship? What I've seen on You Tube looks huge snd open.

18 hours ago, melusina said:

This wasall do helpful! We're doing our first ever cruise on Info ity in April. You've mentioned things i haven't seen elsewhere. A question: are there any smallish wuiet spaces on tve ship? What I've seen on You Tube looks huge snd open.

I did not notice any small quiet places lounges, but I was very happy with the peace and quiet in the places I mentioned.  I very easily may have just walked by smaller quiet places because I looked for quiet places where you could see the ocean. Unless you have not cruised b4, the ship is small. 

Edited by budmeister

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/21/2023 at 9:23 AM, budmeister said:

I did not notice any small quiet places lounges, but I was very happy with the peace and quiet in the places I mentioned.  I very easily may have just walked by smaller quiet places because I looked for quiet places where you could see the ocean. Unless you have not cruised b4, the ship is small. 

Thanks, that's reassuring!

• Like 1