Miami rental cars with shuttle to the port

Ideb

Hello, 

I am wanting to rent a car at Miami International Airport and return it at a location closer to the cruise port, then get a shuttle to the cruise. I have been researching this online and found that Avis and Budget have a location on 2nd street that has a shuttle to take passengers to the cruise port when they return the rental car. I have reading conflicting information about whether Hertz does this. Do anyone have any experience doing this recently?

Shuttle service from the Miami International Airport Rental Car Center to the Port Of Miami was suspended at the beginning of the Covid Pandemic and never resumed. If you rent a vehicle at the Rental Car Center it's easier to return it to the same location and either taxi, Uber or Lyft over to the Port of Miami. I would stay away from the downtown Miami locations because they are small and very busy on cruise turnaround days.

Edited by Corby114

I did this early this year to Budget. The strange part for me was that you go up into a parking garage next to Budget to bring your car back.  Once I figured out where to return the car - it wasn't horrible.  There were quite a few people waiting to go to the pier (around 11:00 am) so I had to wait.  If you don't want to wait there were taxi's/other people which were willing to shuttle for a pretty reasonable amount if you didn't want to wait for Budget's shuttle.  Now getting a vehicle after the cruise would be a different story - the line was quite long OUTSIDE the building.