Explorer of the Seas - ? About deck 2

mlbcruiser

Wondering if anyone out there knows what is located on deck 2 aft in the interior portion of the deck? Would like to know if it is crew, quarters, workings of the shift, a noisy area, or watt?  Also, what is directly below deck 2 aft?

Any information appreciated!

35 minutes ago, mlbcruiser said:

Wondering if anyone out there knows what is located on deck 2 aft in the interior portion of the deck? Would like to know if it is crew, quarters, workings of the shift, a noisy area, or watt?  Also, what is directly below deck 2 aft?

Any information appreciated!

It's below the Sapphire dining room, so could be crew quarters.Or where they store the sails. No deck plan for 1.

Yes, I do know there is no deck plan for deck one. I am guessing it’s stuff to do with the mechanics, engine, and running of the ship. Possibly storage. But then, but I think what both of us are guessing are they crew quarters could be storage as well! Or offices and crew, quarters or something along that line. Probably have to be an inside person who works on the ship or has a lot of knowledge about the ship design and so on. Anytime there’s a dining room above there’s usually a bit of noise from scooting chairs or cleaning machines or whatever. Not sure about on this ship just the same, inquiring minds want to know, lol! Thanks so much for the info!

Deck 2 aft: mooring deck, crew cabins, crew internet cafe, crew mess.

Deck 1 and deck 0 aft: mostly provisions (food and beverage storage).  Slightly forward of that on deck 1 is the incinerator room and some Marine department offices.

Anything else you want to know?

I wish I had kept copies of the full deck plans.  The ones that show all the stuff that is omitted from the ones posted publicly.  They were pretty neat to look at.

Edited by compuryan

Wow! Thanks for that great info! Trying to decide if we want to go for a cabin on the two. Have been on ships when we hear the anchor and various noises when we are down low. Mostly not too bad, but sometimes sounds and vibrations can be a bit much. I imagine on this type of ship they insulate for sound pretty well though. For that matter, we’ve been higher and had weird noises too.
Thanks again for replying!