San Juan embarkation

cheryl8503

48 minutes ago, WanderingBrit said:

What makes you think transportation to the pier is difficult to find? We're planning to use Uber, and a random check shows plenty of cars only 2 minutes from the hotel we're staying at with a $20 fare to the Pier.

OH! I think I either heard the comment on a video or read it somewhere else. Good to know! I've only ever cruised out of Ft. Lauderdale and Galveston. 

3 hours ago, Antie_Moe said:

I was going to ask - what's the best and most reasonable place to stay in SJ. I understand transportation to the pier is hard to find, is that true?

Transportation in San Juan and OSJ isn’t hard to find at all. Regular cabs or Uber are available. Standardized zone rates are available from the airport taxis to places in San Juan. Prices have always been reasonable. It won’t be an issue. 

Has anyone sailed out of San Juan as a Rockstar? It's our first time as Rockstars and after the Virgin schedule shuffle we switched our itinerary from a Miami cruise to a San Juan cruise. Was wondering if there is a Rockstar lounge in San Juan or any other perk that would make it worth it to get to the pier around 1 p.m. for 1:30 boarding. 

10 hours ago, sfspider said:

Has anyone sailed out of San Juan as a Rockstar? It's our first time as Rockstars and after the Virgin schedule shuffle we switched our itinerary from a Miami cruise to a San Juan cruise. Was wondering if there is a Rockstar lounge in San Juan or any other perk that would make it worth it to get to the pier around 1 p.m. for 1:30 boarding. 

I'll be corrected if I'm wrong, but I don't believe Virgin has originated a sailing from San Juan yet - the rescheduled Brilliant Lady sailings will be the first.

Thanks, sorry if I misunderstood. Thought I saw someone earlier on the thread say that they had sailed from San Juan with Virgin twice before. I'm not going for a fed months so I can raise the question again later if you are right. Thanks for taking the time to respond.

1 hour ago, WanderingBrit said:

I'll be corrected if I'm wrong, but I don't believe Virgin has originated a sailing from San Juan yet - the rescheduled Brilliant Lady sailings will be the first.

Does that mean my sailing on the 13th of January on the Valiant will be the first sailing out of San Juan? Does that mean we'll get to see a welcoming ceremony? (Or whatever the official terminology is?)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Swells1 said:

Does that mean my sailing on the 13th of January on the Valiant will be the first sailing out of San Juan? Does that mean we'll get to see a welcoming ceremony? (Or whatever the official terminology is?)

According to this it will be the first sailing from San Juan, as to ceremony I don't know.

Valiant Lady Itinerary, Current Position, Ship Review | CruiseMapper

• Like 1

On 11/29/2023 at 9:44 AM, WanderingBrit said:

I can't correct on that, all I know is we are sailing of of SJ in late February on the Valiant Lady. I've bid on a Rock Star room but won't know if we won it until just a few days before embarking. Even if we don't get it, we are SO excited!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Antie_Moe said:

I can't correct on that, all I know is we are sailing of of SJ in late February on the Valiant Lady. I've bid on a Rock Star room but won't know if we won it until just a few days before embarking. Even if we don't get it, we are SO excited!

We're fortunate that when we made our booking back in February - originally for Brilliant Lady - the Rockstar Suites were much less expensive than they are now. I think a Sea Terrace XL is now going for about what we paid for our Brilliant Suite for our sailing next February, it certainly pays to book early!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1