Imput - Trying To Choose

Angels On Board

Don’t stress yourself over vacation planning. One of the things that makes cruising so great is that you don’t have to worry about the three most important things- eating, sleeping, and transportation. In the past I have been almost OCD when it came to planning. I have learned over the years that the best thing to do is figure out the highlights of what you might like. But if you can’t see everything you want- promise yourself to go again sometime and let it go. 
Nearly every every cruise there is at least one port that doesn’t interest me much. Those are the places I always end up pleasantly surprised with. If you don’t have any expectations, you’ll never be disappointed. 

On 9/19/2023 at 8:45 AM, Angels On Board said:

...  Any suggestions as to itinerary, length, best month and cruise line will be so Welcome!  Thanks so very much. We love scenic and wildlife viewing Immensely! 

I also prefer Spring and Fall as others have stated with a bias towards Spring for the longer days.  You statement regarding wildlife would push me towards New England/Canada even though my own preference would likely be towards Italy as I really enjoy the Med during the early summer. 

I guess the scenery in both locations depends on what you like.  An interest in seeing Fall foliage would of course push you towards the leaf season. Logistically, the North American trip would also be easier.

Good luck with your choice!  It's interesting that you are trying to decide between what in my mind are quite dissimilar cruise destinations and experiences.

On 9/19/2023 at 12:11 PM, Szt said:

Italy is fantastic. But I’m not sure cruising is the best way to experience it. We were there last Oct. It was still pretty warm and residents are not allowed to run ac after Sept 30. So the places we stayed were uncomfortable for sleeping, even in Milan...

The AC rules in Italy are a consequence of the War in Ukraine and the desire for conserving energy.  Interestingly I was just in Spain and no similar rules are in place.  

https://www.coolingpost.com/world-news/italy-limits-air-conditioning-to-25oc/

Edited by SelectSys
  • Like 1