Cruising with 7 month old

Faith&Hope

Hi! We are going on DCL on May 20, 06 (we think) for the first time with a 3 year old (DD) and 7 month old (DD). I think I understand and have read thoroughly about just registering the 3 year old in the kids program and dropping her off whenever we want.

I am a little confused :confused: with signups for Flounder's nursery because it seems that it doesn't work the same way. I know it's $6 an hour with 2 hour minimum and that you have to sign up immediately. What I'm unclear of is do we have to know exactly when we are going to put her in (on day 4 from 6-8) and sign her up for each time we'd like her in? Do they limit how many hours you can sign up for in the beginning? Then you go on a waitlist for extra hours?

It seems hard and overwhelming because there's so many things going on onboard and to have to try to track down the exact hours to put her in at the very beginning seems impossible to me! I know that Palo is an important signup so she'll be in forsure then. It seems like it would be so much easier if it were setup like the kids club!

Putting her in the nursery is very important to us....it's why we are choosing Disney for our first cruise (noone else offers it)! My husband and I don't see each other hardly at all so any time away for a few hours here or there will help!!:)

Thanks for all of your help! Oh, these message boards are making me loose my sleep! With a new baby, sleep is rare lately and it doesn't help when I am reading and trying to absorb all of this great info at 2am!! I had to start taking notes!

Thanks again!

Kym

I was kinda confused with the whole nursery thing too when we went last Feb (05). My kids were 4 years old and 7 months at the time. And you know what, I ended up keeping the 7 month old out of the nursery the whole time. We would walk by alot and it seemed to be a pleasant enough place. :) I just couldn't get the times down.

Now your 3 year old will have a blast at the kids club! My (then) 4 year old literally had to be dragged from the club at midnight most nights. And the security system set up is the best I've seen so far. Pagers for the parents. Passwords when picking up the child. It was a really nice place.

Archived