Oceanview on QM2

fourmile.ranch

Can someone who's stayed in one speak to Oceanview on QM2? From photos they appear to have a small porthole directly over the bed. Aside from a bit of natural light they appear to have very little functionality or value compared to her sister ships. But I'm wondering if the stock photo isn't indicative of all oceanviews.

My wife and I spent two weeks in 5002 to QC and back.  We found it identical to our previous balcony cabins except that we had more usable space because there is a substantial horizontal area under the window.  For another cool weather voyage, I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

4 hours ago, fourmile.ranch said:

Can someone who's stayed in one speak to Oceanview on QM2? From photos they appear to have a small porthole directly over the bed. Aside from a bit of natural light they appear to have very little functionality or value compared to her sister ships. But I'm wondering if the stock photo isn't indicative of all oceanviews.

I have had several different ocean views on QM2. (don't even start me on the "lobbyview" ones.

I've had 6001, a  forward ocean views - ( a  disability cabin)  while the room was large and a great bathroom, (why don't we all have them like that?) it  only had a small QE2 size porthole forward and beside the sitting area. While I was grateful for the upgrade I rarely looked out it and the little light it let in was minimal.

The other standard ocean views are exactly as the brochure shows them, a largish window behind the bed. I wasn't enamoured as it was difficult to sit and look out the window and you had to get up from bed and turn to look out in the morning. For the same reason as I don't like the steel fronted balconies as I like to lie in bed and look at the sea I have  since only ever swallowed my wallet and pride and gone with the glass fronted balconies.

Now the single ocean views on the QM2 are something else! Huge windows and spectacular rooms, you just can't get them!

• Thanks 1