Speciality Dining on the Edge

Surfguyxxx

I've a question about the speciality dining options on Celebrity Edge. I'm on the Suez Canal trip leaving Rome on 10/30 and am just getting as much as I can settled beforehand. 

I bought the 13 night dining package and was looking at the restaurants availability.  The restaurants were; le Petit Chef, Eden, Fine Cut Steakhouse, Rooftop Garden Grill and Raw on 5.  I keep seeing articles and blogs about the Magic Carpet dinners but cannot find it as an option to book it.  Is this something you need to book once you board the ship?  Is it something not to be missed or will I be better of skipping this one?  

Thank you for any information about this.

4 minutes ago, Surfguyxxx said:

Kinda figured that; thanks.  So, we just have to book onboard.  Do you happen to know if this open every night or is it on only certain nights?

Generally once per cruise if weather allows.  Since your cruise ( we are on it also) is 14N they may do a 2nd.  The MC dinner often can be booked pre cruise in the Cruise Planner online.  If you book pre cruise the booking will show something like Day 1 at noon for date and time.  The actual date and time are not determined until much closer to the dinner since it is weather dependent.

• Thanks 1

The Edge will be sailing in Alaska in 2024.  The Magic Carpet is available for booking for dinner.  I'm surprised as I would think it would be too cold, are there any type of heaters on Magic Carpet?  While the view would be breathtaking, thoughts on how comfortable it would be dining outside in the evening?

1 hour ago, Jjohnb said:

The Edge will be sailing in Alaska in 2024.  The Magic Carpet is available for booking for dinner.  I'm surprised as I would think it would be too cold, are there any type of heaters on Magic Carpet?  While the view would be breathtaking, thoughts on how comfortable it would be dining outside in the evening?

When we were in our Baltic cruise, most of the nights were too cold or windy for Magic Carpet.  The Magic Carpet dining was moved to the Solarium.  I watch people dining when walking to the buffet. 😆

• Thanks 1

On 9/21/2023 at 11:27 AM, lostchild said:

When we were in our Baltic cruise, most of the nights were too cold or windy for Magic Carpet.  The Magic Carpet dining was moved to the Solarium.  I watch people dining when walking to the buffet. 😆

Thanks, I don't think we would be happy with that swap, it's probably best to stick with the other specialty dining options.

2 hours ago, Jjohnb said:

Thanks, I don't think we would be happy with that swap, it's probably best to stick with the other specialty dining options.

It was actually quite full.  Not sure if it was because there was no refund on the swap or people actually enjoy the food offered.   It is the same exact view as the free buffet.  

• Like 1