SS Dawn Copenhagen Norwegian round trip

Silver Spectre

Our final sea day on the way back to Copenhagen and to complete the full set we had rain yesterday in Bergen, luckily not all day. The cruise has been fun and Norway it’s usual spectacular self, with one big exception. No Northern Lights. Whilst the display this year has been outstanding in many places we didn’t even see a hint.

Yesterday evening 243 out of the 325 Venetians were bussed to the Grieg concert hall and treated to a lovely reception with champagne and some delicious canapés, followed by 1.5 hours of various Grieg stuff. I’m pretty sure that most enjoyed it, but it’s not my cup of tea.

• Like 4

For our last day at sea we had the nicest day of the cruise, blue skies, sunny and almost warm. We topped out with nice meal at La Dame, a special order of hot foie gras (and don’t ask, we were having dinner with someone who could swing it), the lobster salad and a real great Fillet de Boef. Some blue cheese to finish for me and a soufflé for one of the others. We washed it down with a Meursault, a special SA red from Stellenbosch and finished with some top end Burgandy. We went to bed happy.

Dawn arrived in Copenhagen with the crap weather back, cold and raining. Our flight was on time and we were back in England by mid afternoon.

All in all an excellent cruise.

• Like 6

On 10/2/2023 at 6:36 PM, mancunian said:

You will certainly get good service from your butler if you get the one we had in early September on the Dawn.  He was very good and then from the Sunday half way through the cruise on a sea day I could not walk at all after lunch and the medical centre said no more going ashore, wheelchair all the time, keeping my leg raised and regular icing, very good became really excellent and he was always looking for ways to help.  This was our fifth SS cruise with two very good butlers, two who were excellent and one who I admit was in the wrong job!

My butler tried but was poor. Tbh, I didn’t need much out of him.

• Like 1