CruiseFirst expiration date extended?

Lou33

We bought CruiseFirst certificates several years ago and applied it to various cruises which were ultimately cancelled because of COVID.  We retained the CF credit, and Norwegian extended the expiration date because of COVID to 12/31/2023.  They said we had to book a cruise "and" sail by the end of this year.  We found nothing worth booking for 2023.  We could find a better deal on another cruise line without the credit.  There were a few cruises that we wanted to book in early 2024, but they took a hard line that we could not use our CF credit.  

Yesterday I got a voice message from Norwegian that we can now use our CF credit for "any" sail date.  I don't know if we still need to book by the end of the year.  I'm waiting to hear back from Norwegian, but has anybody heard that they extended the CF expiration dates that were due to expire this year?

Being in Europe I have no experience of CruiseFIRST, but I did buy a CruiseNEXT from someone very recently. It was supposed to expire end of this year, but I had a cruise to apply it to, so no prroblem. When it arrived in my account it had been extended one year. I asked my PCC if he had anything to do with it, but he hadn't and said it was done automatically. Go figure...