Flights to and from Alaska

babysuzy

It is Vancouver and Anchorage. However, you may save quite a little bit of money if you book either RT from wherever you are to Seattle and a one way to Anchorage to/from Seattle. Or an open jaw from wherever you are to Seattle and the other flight to/from Anchorage. Then take one of the many ways to get to/from Seattle to Vancouver. Vancouver is one of the most expensive destinations to fly into from the lower 48.

It is Anchorage. Look at the "multi city" option of booking sites, not one ways. Sometimes a one way Seattle is cheaper, but not always and time is usually added and may not have any transfers for luggage. (Won't with Southwest).

Your on the other coast from us (Naples/Ft. Myers). Three days ago we booked rd. trip to Seattle. Picking up Alaska air to Fairbanks 2 hrs. later....with a 30 min. stop over in ANC before arriving in FAI at 7:30pm. Unbelieveable!!!... our cost on Delta (rd. trip) & Ak air (one-way)was less than a $1000 dollars for the 2 of us all total. Yes, I mean for two people. I had cruise line air and cancelled it, as it was to expensive and I wanted to be in charge of my schedule and flying time. Check out Delta and forget flying in an out of YVR...it's very costly. Make sure if you fly into Seattle, that you cordinate your arrival times to fly with AK air. Make it at least over an hour after your arrival. Never can tell if your flight could be delayed. So we chose a 2 hr. instead...never know flying out of Atlanta.:rolleyes:

We are taking a southbound cruise and arriving back in Vancouver, where we'll pick up quickcoach.com (at pier) and a 4 hr. deluxe coach ride back to Seattle. I hear it's a very nice comfortable ride and worth the time. We are staying overnight in Seatac (airport) and flying home the next day.

Hope this helps!

TWI;)

I found that booking out of Seattle would have meant that "WE" probably would have to spend the night there in order not to be getting extra layovers or getting in extremely late. That added to the extra cost of getting to Seattle and STRESSING over the transport time/type - was not worth it. I would rather pay a LITTLE more for the convienence of just getting off the ship and going to the airport. Things may change when I get ready to book - but for right now that is how it would work out for us (I looked at 2006 flights - even though we aren't going until 2007 - just to compare).

And yes - look at multi-designations - not one-ways. Much cheaper.

babysusy, which are you taking or have booked....southb or northb? If you do northb. (depending on cruise line) you'll go out of Seattle or Vancouver. If you go southb. you can go from Seward, Anc or Whittier...and ending in either Seattle or Vancouver. Let me know and I'll do my wizard checking for you a flight from FL. Tell me from where and when you want to leave and come back and the dates your cruising or planning on cruising. NO I'm not a travel agent. I'll try to help you.....if you want me too.

TWI;)

Archived