Fortress of Louisbourg in the Fall

Hunter2

I'm curious as well. Based on what I read on the official government site yesterday it sounds like you can take a self guided tour in low season but that's about it. No actors to interact with or tour guides. We'll miss it by a week or so on our 10/15 sailing unfortunately. Might just stay in the port and meander about instead.

28 minutes ago, Tsi2quick said:

I'm curious as well. Based on what I read on the official government site yesterday it sounds like you can take a self guided tour in low season but that's about it. No actors to interact with or tour guides. We'll miss it by a week or so on our 10/15 sailing unfortunately. Might just stay in the port and meander about instead.

We are on the same cruise.  I reached out to The National Parks in NS b/c they ultimately run the Fortress and they agreed no inside tours with actors, etc but then I questioned it b/c the ship offers that as an excursion so they are checking with the staff at the fortress for me

• Like 2

On 9/28/2023 at 5:29 PM, Hunter2 said:

We are on the same cruise.  I reached out to The National Parks in NS b/c they ultimately run the Fortress and they agreed no inside tours with actors, etc but then I questioned it b/c the ship offers that as an excursion so they are checking with the staff at the fortress for me

I emailed the Fortress directly since I didn't hear back and they are open for full experience only if you book thru the ship.  You can't show up privately and join, but you can tour the exterior of the fort.  Not worth the hour drive to me to not be able to go inside. 

• Like 2