Upcoming Wedding on the Wonder of the Seas

ctkathchick

My best friends son is getting married on the Wonder of the Seas in 3 weeks. Her son and his fiancee started the whole process of planning their wedding with Royal on February 23rd  of 2022 with the Senior Wedding Executive they talked to him and then made their selections in the upcoming days with the plan they wanted and the date that they would like. The planner said in writing that all was fine and that their wedding planner would be in touch 90 days out from the cruise date. They are now less than 3 weeks out and no one has contacted them and they have e-mailed as well as tried calling numerous times in the last 90 days They are at their wits end and at this point. Does anyone have any experience with this ? Thank You

They never got confirmation they could do the wedding and they booked the cruise and invited guests anyway? 👀😬

I found this brochure online, make sure they're calling the wedding # and not regular customer service. 1-800-WED-RCCL. 

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/dam/royal/resources/pdf/royal-weddings-brochure.pdf

The brochure says a wedding needs to be booked at least 90 days before the sailing. And it also looks like there's a few decisions to make about the package, payments to be made etc. I don't think this wedding is happening in 3 weeks. 

Edited by ARandomTraveler

5 hours ago, ARandomTraveler said:

They never got confirmation they could do the wedding and they booked the cruise and invited guests anyway? 👀😬

I found this brochure online, make sure they're calling the wedding # and not regular customer service. 1-800-WED-RCCL

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/dam/royal/resources/pdf/royal-weddings-brochure.pdf

The brochure says a wedding needs to be booked at least 90 days before the sailing. And it also looks like there's a few decisions to make about the package, payments to be made etc. I don't think this wedding is happening in 3 weeks. 

They did book it and received confirmation but since then they have not heard a word from Royal. Royal has not responded to phone calls or emails and yes Royal has already been paid for about 6 months. The contract states that they have at least one planner to finish and fine tune the details as of now they don’t even have a firm date never mind the time and which venue it appears Royal has Royally dropped the ball.

8 hours ago, ctkathchick said:

They did book it and received confirmation but since then they have not heard a word from Royal. Royal has not responded to phone calls or emails and yes Royal has already been paid for about 6 months. The contract states that they have at least one planner to finish and fine tune the details as of now they don’t even have a firm date never mind the time and which venue it appears Royal has Royally dropped the ball.

Yikes. I'd be really upset if I were them. My only advice is to call that 1-800 # and hound them until you reach someone who can send documentation about the date and time etc. Big fail on RC's wedding dept.