LIVE! First Time Royal Cruiser In Wonder-land Oct 1-8th Let’s Cruise!

9 hours ago, Spinelli1107 said:

Sounds like you’re having a very nice time and enjoying the cruise so far! I can’t wait to be on her in 2 months.

Would you be able to tell me, what times are the shows being offered? And how often throughout the sailing are they running them? 

So far most of the “big” shows are given 2x a night. Times seem to vary; most of my late shows this week are 10:45 but one is at 10pm and there is one tonight (Voices) at 9:45. Same with the early shows.

First night, there were 2 cancelled Aqua shows, for instance. I THINK the earlier one was 7:30 (and that is why a paper Compass would be useful).

Tonight they are running Voices at 7:30 and 9:45 and the Ice Show at 8:30 and 10:45.

Comedy tonight at 8 and 10.

And I AM having a very nice time!

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Spinelli1107 said:

Would you be able to tell me, what times are the shows being offered? And how often throughout the sailing are they running them?

If you choose the current sailing in the app you should be able to see the entire schedule of everything just as if you were onboard.

That said, the schedule will likely change slightly from week to week.but it will give you a general idea.

Edited by OCSC Mike
  • Like 3

So I slept in late and missed the beginning of my Dance Fitness Class.  Didn’t set an alarm; obviously needed my sleep!

Wandered by on my way to coffee and that class looks EXCELLENT. Very Zumba like; I will definitely take it again when offered!

Got my Espresso at Cafe Promenade, then went to the Park Cafe in Central Park for some fruit and a place to sit and have my coffee.  The Promenade is SO busy in the morning; thank you to whoever suggested that for a quiet morning stop. When I DO want breakfast; this is going to be my stop—they had lox and bagels!

I sat outside in the SUN; it was breezy and not too hot and delightful.

Then I had to go to excursions to see if I could add a day tour of St. Thomas before the Sunset Cruise I booked last night (after my Selfie Tour got cancelled).  Nope. None of the tours offered would get me back in time.  I also didn’t want to explore St. Thomas on my own—I’ve seen some nightmare traffic situations with lots of ships in port there, and I’ve never actually toured the island before.

SO, I gave up the sunset cruise (I figured it would be crowded and I wouldn’t drink the champagne) and booked the 5 Star Island Tour, Magen’s Bay Beach & Shopping.  Will get a few photos from Mountain Top and downtown, and another chance at a sunny beach.  Open air “buses” so won’t get that motor coach feel.  Hope it was the right decision.

Off to explore more; probably going to take some sun after lunch!

• Like 4

Oops…forgot photos in that last post:

By the way this ship is BIG. I ended up on the wrong side of Central Park and had to walk the entire length of the ship to get to my room down the room halls (you’d think I’d figure that out…on Promenade I’ve got it covered—I’m the side by the big cowboy hat!) I’m all the way forward) . Phew. I’ve put in 2,500 steps already! Yesterday my count was 13,500!

Ran into the Piano Man too!

CE016C46-F745-4927-92C6-70FFC6C56C98.jpeg

32B93D63-BA55-44C9-A37A-2D285463B042.jpeg

11E0F207-0F3B-449E-8156-D665FD0272D7.jpeg

BE881BBA-DB1D-4CAB-AD61-0C55F6C983E6.jpeg

E6731D1C-DCCE-48D2-9ED6-29BBC4886EBB.jpeg

E51A5707-C673-4E77-BC48-0B46F057D2CA.jpeg

Edited by TravelBluebird
  • Like 9

19 minutes ago, silentbob007 said:

My favorite place to grab a coffee or smoothie is Vitality Cafe at the entrance of the spa (assuming, haven’t been on Wonder yet). Generally much better lines than anything on the promenade in other Oasis ships in my experience. 

Ooh…they have espresso coffees there?  Excellent; that line for Cafe Promenade coffees is killer. I will check that out!

Starbucks is ALWAYS empty cause we’ve all paid for our coffees with beverage plans.  I’m stubborn; will NOT get my coffee there.  BTW, the coffee is VERY good at Cafe Promende; have been quite pleased with my dry cappuccinos there!

• Like 2

@TravelBluebird... I am thoroughly enjoying following along on this new adventure.

I can so relate to trying new cruise lines.  So far your review is confirming that we prefer the smaller ships on all cruise lines.  To each his/her own for sure.

Also I have never been a fan of Starbucks, give me Dunkin anyday!

• Like 4

Just now, Hogladyrider said:

I can so relate to trying new cruise lines.  So far your review is confirming that we prefer the smaller ships on all cruise lines.  To each his/her own for sure.

Also I have never been a fan of Starbucks, give me Dunkin anyday!

Yes, actually this is overall the case for me BUT I do enjoy the larger ones too. I feel like I’ll find my stride and less-crowded nooks and crannys as I go along.  I know where to find them on the big Carnival ships; I just haven’t figured it out yet on Royal, other than Park Cafe for late breakfast.

• Like 1

So I went to the Port and Shopping talk and lasted about 15 minutes,

Needs to be renamed SHOPPING talk.  Which is great if you like to shop!

However, that shopping guy Van something or other, really has ENERGY!  So much energy at this talk (in the Royal Theater).  Wish that the cruise director did a morning  show like this like on Carnival. He (Chris) does a taped one with no audience.  It really helps you get to know the Cruise Director and the entertainment staff, and DH and I really enjoy those.

Decamped to the Solarium to look at the ocean. I mean, it was 11:30 and I hadn’t seen the ocean yet! Was too windy for pool deck. Sun already GONE.  😭

Snagged a lounger right by the windows on the ocean (people were leaving due to boat motion).  I’m enjoying the boat motion…I really love it, but I feel sorry for those who are finding it difficult. You really feel it in the Solarium!!

We are passing Turks & Caicos on the Starboard side (can’t see it).

Aqua shows were cancelled again last night due to ocean. 

Evidently the weather is being caused STILL by Tropical Storm Phillipe (captain is saying right now) and he’s saying similar tomorrow 😭.  So clouds rest of afternoon and swells 8-10 feet,

4ADD9F8A-E689-4888-BF8C-451593761E8D.jpeg

23081D5B-D9C0-4506-A0AC-12C41D885331.jpeg

2FF095F5-125E-4BDC-A292-6F6150F0391B.jpeg

020533B7-B1D1-4E9F-BE4B-AE0C65F1B27C.jpeg

Edited by TravelBluebird
  • Like 3

Ack. Forgot to take my morning Thyroid medication, so had to dash back to my room before Izumi’s.

The GOOD news is I LOVE my room being so close to the front of the ship! Easy elevator access, and I’m RIGHT there for Solarium (or that little bar outside Solarium that is outdoors, but too windy to sit at today) and the Royal Theater, and can go down the stairs and be in Central park in seconds.  Great location (especially for someone who doesn’t mind ship motion).

Off to Izumi’s!

• Like 4

12 hours ago, TravelBluebird said:

My tour of St. Thomas (the Selfie Tour) got nixed due to lack of participants (had a message on my phone when I got back tonight) . Guess I was the only one who wanted to run around the island and just take lots of photos 😂

So far I have substituted the Sunset Cruise (me on a smaller boat looking at the ocean will be nice) but I’m not sure there are any earlier tours that will work that are not already sold out, and not sure I want to explore on my own.  Will talk to excursions desk tomorrow.

I'm enjoying your report so far! I'm not sure how you feel about independent tours, but I thought I would offer a suggestion. We spent a week on St. Thomas in 2021, and we had booked a snorkel tour (via boat) that ended up being canceled due to rough sea conditions. They offered us a land tour at a discount instead. We did the "Island Jeep Excursion" with Web as our guide, and it was fantastic. Web is a really interesting guy and he showed us all around St. Thomas, stopping often to let us take photos (and taking photos of us as well). Highly recommend.

https://www.stthomasadventures.com/stthomasjeeptours

One other thing... if you get to Wonderland again, I consider their "The World" dessert a must try. It's one of my favorite cruise ship desserts.

I hope the weather clears up for you!

ETA: I just saw post #178, so it looks like you're all set. ALSO, did you notice when you were at Park Café that they have espresso drinks there as well? That was my go-to spot on Harmony. It seemed like not many people knew you could get them there (until late in the cruise, at least).

Edited by LisaLisa87
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, LisaLisa87 said:

enjoying your report so far! I'm not sure how you feel about independent tours, but I thought I would offer a suggestion. We spent a week on St. Thomas in 2021, and we had booked a snorkel tour (via boat) that ended up being canceled due to rough sea conditions. They offered us a land tour at a discount instead. We did the "Island Jeep Excursion" with Web as our guide, and it was fantastic. Web is a really interesting guy and he showed us all around St. Thomas, stopping often to let us take photos (and taking photos of us as well). Highly recommend.

https://www.stthomasadventures.com/stthomasjeeptours

One other thing... if you get to Wonderland again, I consider their "The World" dessert a must try. It's one of my favorite cruise ship desserts.

I hope the weather clears up for you!

ETA: I just saw post #178, so it looks like you're all set. ALSO, did you notice when you were at Park Café that they have espresso drinks there as well? That was my go-to spot on Harmony. It seemed like not many people knew you could get them there (until late in the cruise, at least).

Edited 8 minutes ago by LisaLisa87

@LisaLisa87 I am taking an independent tour in St Marteen—wanted to try a Royal one for the experience.

I saw that World desert and was sad I didn’t order it!  Will get it next time YUM!

I don’t think Park Cafe has the espresso drinks on Wonder—just regular coffee, but I’ll check tomorrow!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Spinelli1107 said:

Ooooo that looks so good! Will definitely have to add Izumi to my lunch lineup

You must!  EXCELLENT selection of rolls and additional non-sushi items as well —Poke Bowls and Teriyakis, Ramens etc!

My Spider Roll did not disappoint either!  

E75ECC2E-A9BC-43C9-B9FD-4AD0F346E494.jpeg

• Like 1

Oh Dear that screaming child has been crying endlessly at the top of his lungs.  Parents did NOTHING until literally every other table in restaurant glared at them.  Child stopped when FINALLY picked up. 

Now other two tables near me are discussing parenting styles openly.  I mean, sure, don’t give into a tantrum UNLESS you are in a small public restaurant!  

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Spinelli1107 said:

How does it work on the UDP? is there any limits to how much you can order per meal? I'm familiar with NCL's dining program where 4 a la carte items is equivalent to one dining package 

No limits that I have found for dinners so far.  Lunch at Izumi’s was a set 1 small plate and 2  big plates—I believe the big plates were 1/2 rolls but that is plenty!  Plus desert (I had Green Tea Ice Cream).

If you are NOT UDP what I just had—with 2/2 rolls—is $39.99 price fixe.    You can dine a La carts and those prices include full size rolls not 1/2 rolls

1/2 rolls was PLENTY I am stuffed.  Good thing dinner is 8:15 tonight! 

71FA25BC-977B-4E16-9B00-BF90F1FFBBE6.jpeg

64FF4939-33BF-4DB2-B94F-CDC3BE092162.jpeg

C0A0FCBA-9BE7-4F64-9A3B-B6429C46AEDA.jpeg

3844058F-832F-419F-A838-F734BCD1E7E4.jpeg

Edited by TravelBluebird
  • Like 2