pool-side chairs on board the Sun

dmoherewego!

I'm wondering if there is a problem getting lounge chairs by the pools on the Princess Sun. Will they let you "save a chair" by leaving things on them. Our first 2 days are at sea and I'm hoping this isn't an issue. Any advise is appreciated. Also any other advise about the Sun. This is our first cruise and I really have no idea what I'm doing in the planning.

Thank!!

Debbie:o

Hi Debbie....if you want chairs by the pool in the sun get there early. Saving of chairs is a problem when people do so but never show up to use them.So a chair sits empty for half a day with just a towel on it:) Princess has signs up requesting chairs not be saved....but no one listens. By afternoon it was hard to even find a lounger at all on the ship during sea days. I have to admit it was a source of frustration for us on our first cruise... the days we wanted a certain location we just got there early.

Hope you have a great cruise!!

I absolutely hate for people to do the saving thing and never show up! I believe I would take the stuff off of the chair and throw it in the pool on this cruise. I won't save a chair unless I'm coming right back but was wondering if this is a problem on cruises.

We are were on the Sun for the Feb. 26th sailing. To get chairs by the pool, you must get there early, especially if you have a day at sea. As for saving, what I saw were people saving chairs for others, but if they didn't come back, the deck attendants took the towels, books, whatever was on the chair and put them on a table near the bar. I don't know how long they waited until they do this.

Your best bet is to get your chair early, and as someone has already said, stay on it. If you are travelling with someone, then that person can save your chair while you go for a dip in the pool, get something to eat, etc.

Enjoy your cruise!:)

I'm wondering if there is a problem getting lounge chairs by the pools on the Princess Sun. Will they let you "save a chair" by leaving things on them. Our first 2 days are at sea and I'm hoping this isn't an issue. Any advise is appreciated. Also any other advise about the Sun. This is our first cruise and I really have no idea what I'm doing in the planning.

Thank!!

Debbie:o

Here is a thread to let you know how people feel about "save a chair"

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=314951

Archived