The saving deck chairs poll on main page

Hobbster

How can only 64 % think it should be outlawed, and 17% think it is a necessary evil?

I am sorry, even with all the chair hogs, I refused to lower myself to that standard. If everyone only put their stuff on chairs when they were on deck (around or in pool or running to get a quick bite and then come back) then there would never be a problem. We have all seen people come, lay stuff down on a chair, disappear till end of day, then come back and pick it up. They never used the pool, only saved it in case they FELT like using it, but never did.

On Golden two weeks ago we saw crew members go around putting stickers on people's stuff who were trying to reserve chairs. If the sticker was still there when the crew member came back around, the crew member would remove the people's stuff. We only saw this happen on the sea day though. At least it is a start!

On Golden two weeks ago we saw crew members go around putting stickers on people's stuff who were trying to reserve chairs. If the sticker was still there when the crew member came back around, the crew member would remove the people's stuff. We only saw this happen on the sea day though. At least it is a start!

Either you or someone else posted that in another thread, I remember because it was about the Golden, which we are doing the repositioning cruise 4/29/06 from San Juan to NY. Last year on the CB it was bad (of course it was sold out which made it even worse). Saw chairs saved all day, now crew members were even noticing. I hope they keep on checking and removing.

we just book a baolcony room on caribe deck and this problem is gone, no arguing or fighting,just walk to my room and lounge about:))))),our loungers are already there and we dont have to save them ,but your right we should be able to handle this like adults ,but from what ive seen this appears difficult to do lol:))):p :rolleyes: :eek:

On our sold out 2/18 cruise the chair rule was enforced, and man those people were :mad: to see not only were their chairs gone but that they had to find new ones when none were available. I am all for the chair enforcement, especially on sea days.

How can only 64 % think it should be outlawed, and 17% think it is a necessary evil?

I am sorry, even with all the chair hogs, I refused to lower myself to that standard. If everyone only put their stuff on chairs when they were on deck (around or in pool or running to get a quick bite and then come back) then there would never be a problem. We have all seen people come, lay stuff down on a chair, disappear till end of day, then come back and pick it up. They never used the pool, only saved it in case they FELT like using it, but never did.

The 17%....... are the chair hogs..........:)

On the Sea last month, every sea day, the attendants ticketed empty chairs reserved with towels,books,etc and wrote on the ticket what time it had come to notice. After half an hour, he returned and if the chair was still empty, the goods on the chair were removed and stored and the chair was then available for use. Another ticket was placed on the chair informing the owners of the towels etc of the action. .

There were a few embarrassed people on the first day looking for the attendant to reclaim their goods but the system did work. Chairs are a premium on sea days but I'm sure we've all lay next to a bed thats been empty all day when people are trying to find one.

Happy cruising. Jimmy

On the Sea last month, every sea day, the attendants ticketed empty chairs reserved with towels,books,etc and wrote on the ticket what time it had come to notice. After half an hour, he returned and if the chair was still empty, the goods on the chair were removed and stored and the chair was then available for use. Another ticket was placed on the chair informing the owners of the towels etc of the action. .

There were a few embarrassed people on the first day looking for the attendant to reclaim their goods but the system did work. Chairs are a premium on sea days but I'm sure we've all lay next to a bed thats been empty all day when people are trying to find one.

Happy cruising. Jimmy

I sure wish the staff on the Caribbean Princess had taken responsibility like this!! Awesome idea...problem solved. But they were not nearly assertive enough and just try to find a chaise! Plenty of chaises had only towels and books in them...no butts!

We usually like to have a leisurely breakfast on sea days, so by the time we are ready for the pool, nothing is available. I don't mind if they are really in use, but a large number are "reserved". :(

There is no such thing on Princess as a "reserved" lounge chair. Princess spells this out specifically in the passenger booklet that such behavior is prohibited. If you see personal items left on an unattended chair remove them and take the chair yourself. Stop being a wimp and stand up for what is rightfully yours (the pleasure of a deck chair). If they come back later and complain tell them you'll be glad to bring their behavior to the attention of a ship official because the booklet in the cabin spells out that such behavior will have the offending party put off the ship at the next port. If more people stood up for themselves this practice would die out, but because there are so many wimps around it continues!

Archived