splendida Obstructed Deck 8 vs Deck 13

thepla

I have Fantastica booked, I did do an obstructed view because it seems in this case not a risk of something actually in view to obstruct.

Deck 8 seems to have lifeboat directly underneath on deck 7 but no real obstruction except down.

Deck 13 seems to have this large overhang and potential noise from deck 14 above. It's difficult to determine if looking toward front or back of ship will be difficult with over hang and cabin that are further out from ship.

Does anyone have experience with these two types and is obstruction really a major factor?

Thanks

On deck 8 the lifeboats are not directly below the balconies.  They are set out farther because there is a promenade deck on deck 7 (with no view because of the boats…).  We had 8114 on Divina and we’re not bothered.  However be aware that a lot of the balconies on deck 8 have tub/showers instead of a stall shower.  This makes the interior of the cabin smaller because the tub takes up more space.  In our Divina cabin we did not have a couch, just a plush chair.  They only book two in these cabins.  If you look on the deck plans you will see a little B which indicates tub.  

IMG_2164.jpeg

IMG_2165.jpeg

Weird cruise pricing here.  Went to change back to deck 8 and next category was ten bucks before five and five and had aft balcony available.  

To me no brainer.

Thanks for help. My good cruise critic buddy suggested to avoid top deck under buffet etc due to lots of noice.