Expiration of Crystal Society Discount

seaworthy98

This is just an FYI for anyone considering a new booking.  Even though the Miami office is closed today, I was able to reach a Crystal agent to place a deposit on a new booking for a 2025 cruise. The agent informed me that the Crystal Society/past guest credit of 2.5% per guest expired yesterday and as a result the price of our cruise has increased by $500 more than the quote that I received one week ago.  I don't know if this change applies to all cruises or specific ones.  This change along with the loss of the onboard credit of 2.5%, unless you make an actual booking onboard, represents an effective 5% price increase.  I know there has been discussion of Crystal's "dynamic" pricing strategy, but just two months after Serenity's launch, new Crystal has taken away two incentives that old Crystal had used to reward loyal customers. I wonder what the thinking is behind this strategy.

4 hours ago, seaworthy98 said:

This is just an FYI for anyone considering a new booking.  Even though the Miami office is closed today, I was able to reach a Crystal agent to place a deposit on a new booking for a 2025 cruise. The agent informed me that the Crystal Society/past guest credit of 2.5% per guest expired yesterday and as a result the price of our cruise has increased by $500 more than the quote that I received one week ago.  I don't know if this change applies to all cruises or specific ones.  This change along with the loss of the onboard credit of 2.5%, unless you make an actual booking onboard, represents an effective 5% price increase.  I know there has been discussion of Crystal's "dynamic" pricing strategy, but just two months after Serenity's launch, new Crystal has taken away two incentives that old Crystal had used to reward loyal customers. I wonder what the thinking is behind this strategy.

Taking away the Crystal Society discount would be a real shocker. Could the agent have meant the $500 air credit expired?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, seaworthy98 said:

Thank you for the clarification.  It's too bad the agent wasn't informed that there was an IT issue.  She was adamant that the 2.5% credit had expired.

Great lesson for all of us. Thank you for this!

You're welcome. BTW, yesterday after the agent informed me of the "phantom" price increase, I decided to delay my booking until we are on board in November.

Meanwhile the agent called me this morning and said she "was able to get the credit for me" and did not even mention that it was an IT issue.  

Just now, seaworthy98 said:

You're welcome. BTW, yesterday after the agent informed me of the "phantom" price increase, I decided to delay my booking until we are on board in November.

Meanwhile the agent called me this morning and said she "was able to get the credit for me" and did not even mention that it was an IT issue.  

That’s nice, and I love when they say they were able to get something for you. Something that anybody could’ve gotten for you.

The thing you’ll miss is the onboard booking discount.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TER777 said:

I inquired and was told it is an IT issue that should be fixed soon. 

Yes and the good new is it must be fixed now.  🤪

I just did two bookings for 2025 and they each reflect the Crystal Society Savings.

Keith

• Like 1