Excursion to see New York

Millieloulou

Another question for another answer?

We want to book the New York excursion on January 3rd when our cruise finishes and before we fly back to the UK.It commences at 8.30 and is for four hours.

I cannot find out if our luggage stays on the coach whilst we are on the tour.?  Do we go back to the cruise terminal to get on another coach to go to the airport? If we do not take our luggage where is it stored.? That’s a worry as new passengers will be queuing to get on board.

I have asked Cunard but up to now no one can find the answer.

I am sure that someone will come up with the answer, you always do !

2 minutes ago, Millieloulou said:

Another question for another answer?

We want to book the New York excursion on January 3rd when our cruise finishes and before we fly back to the UK.It commences at 8.30 and is for four hours.

I cannot find out if our luggage stays on the coach whilst we are on the tour.?  Do we go back to the cruise terminal to get on another coach to go to the airport? If we do not take our luggage where is it stored.? That’s a worry as new passengers will be queuing to get on board.

I have asked Cunard but up to now no one can find the answer.

I am sure that someone will come up with the answer, you always do !

Your luggage goes on the coach for the tour and the same coach drops you off at the airport.

Have a check you are allowed to book if you are not staying on board usually the tours are for guests who are just there for the day. When I did it in the summer the 4 hour round New York was for round trip voyages only . We had our tour then everybody back onboard. Perhaps some airport transfers include a tour? 

Edited by Winifred 22

16 minutes ago, Winifred 22 said:

Have a check you are allowed to book if you are not staying on board usually the tours are for guests who are just there for the day. When I did it in the summer the 4 hour round New York was for round trip voyages only . We had our tour then everybody back onboard. Perhaps some airport transfers include a tour? 

Certainly in the past they have. But you make a good point and I very much doubt the OP will be permitted to book a roundtrip tour post cruise which as you say is intended for those passengers in transit.

When I go into my Cunard and most popular shore excursions and select New York Highlights ,put the date in and our names appear.It’s just a case of ticking the boxes and paying.

Sometime ago I did ask on the forum if there was such an excursion , I am sure the answer was yes.

4 minutes ago, Millieloulou said:

When I go into my Cunard and most popular shore excursions and select New York Highlights ,put the date in and our names appear.It’s just a case of ticking the boxes and paying.

Sometime ago I did ask on the forum if there was such an excursion , I am sure the answer was yes.

That is not an Airport transfer. The New York Highlights was a tour available on my last B2B a few years ago and that tour drops guests back at the pier.

NewYorkShoreExcursions.thumb.jpg.27f4344cc444f34492e716356783e538.jpgNewYorkShoreExcursionsNYC142A.thumb.jpg.2e8188767d499fe2a8be5001ad6022d6.jpg

11 minutes ago, Millieloulou said:

Thankyou so much.You always have the answers!

I am going to ask on board if there is anyway we can see New York before we leave.I do remember someone writing that there is a tour pre flight.

Ask at the Tour Office to check what transfer options they will be offering. On my two previous Westbound TA's, the first was a tour pre flight that drove us around for a while, then dropped us off near one of the piers in Manhattan where we had some free time. An hour or two later, the coach returned for our onward transfer to JFK. The second time was a transfer to The Crown Plaza at JFK where we had a day room before our flight back to the UK.

3 hours ago, Millieloulou said:

Thankyou so much.You always have the answers!

I am going to ask on board if there is anyway we can see New York before we leave.I do remember someone writing that there is a tour pre flight.

The post departure tours - ending at an airport - are only offered on board, not available for pre-purchase via the voyage personalizer.

It _may_ be possible to order a departure tour via a phone call - but that option is not mentioned on the website.

For me, the personalizer shows a selection of New York tours that apply only to 'in transit' passengers - not for folks embarking or disembarking. This seems to be a persistent bug in their software.

I am on the Southampton to New York crossing mid December 2023 and then heading to JFK airport. A number of other Board participants are also on that service, so by all means prod our memory at the time, since we can tell you what specifically is on offer onboard. 

I can sort my own way back to JFK / fill the day, since almost all JFK to UK flights leave between 5 and 11 pm. But I will look at the options for excursion + transfer to JFK just to see if it's interesting.