Oslo Hop on/Hop off bus

can786

• 2 weeks later...

We were in Oslo last June and when we docked a hopon/hopoff bus was at the dock as well as another bus which did an actual tour of Oslo. I can't rember the cost but they did take euros. There is an exchange and a tourist office right inside the terminal building. The tourist office was very helpful and advised us to take the tour of Oslo. It turned out to be an excellent tour(superb guide) and we saw a lot more than we would have on the hopon/hopoff bus. I remember it as good value for money.

Hope this helps

Does anyone have info on the hop on/hop off bus in Oslo? I was wondering about price and if they accept credit cards and/or US$ or if you must pay in Norwegian Kroner.

Thanks.

Last year we paid 175 Kroner each for the Oslo Hop On/Off Bus and I put it on my Visa...they wouldn't take AMEX. It got us to every place we wanted to go...My day in pictures and words is here if you are interested:

http://www.hwired.com/baltic/oslo.html

Thank you so much for your wonderful synopsis of your Baltic cruise last year. I've had a wonderful morning, coffee cup in hand, reading of your adventures - taking notes for my own upcoming cruise this summer. I read every word, every page. :o

Although others may not take the time to write you a thank you... please be aware that we read with fascination your comments, get to know you both, and really appreciate all the advice you are passing along.

Cheers from Toronto

May I ask how you physically got your Denrus tickets?

My pre-boarding package indicates that I can't get off the ship unless I have each of the following:

* valid passport

* photocopy of the photo page of the passport

* Russian Touist Visa

* Voucher confirming service arranged by a Russian Tour Company

I saw the picture of the Denrus ticket.... how did you get this? By mail? downloading?

Did you have any trouble getting off the ship? What exactly did Denrus send you? How far was it from the ship to meet your Denrus guide?

I'm a little nervous ordering with them. Should I be?

Thanks for any insights. ;)

We got ours via email. Hope they work.

Hi:)

How long was it before you got the email tickets after you ordered?

I ordered and received my confirmation email today. All it said was the tickets would be emailed. I have 5 months so I won't worry for a long time.

Thanx

Thank you so much for your wonderful synopsis of your Baltic cruise last year. I've had a wonderful morning, coffee cup in hand, reading of your adventures - taking notes for my own upcoming cruise this summer. I read every word, every page. :o

Although others may not take the time to write you a thank you... please be aware that we read with fascination your comments, get to know you both, and really appreciate all the advice you are passing along.

Cheers from Toronto

Thanks cruisintwinsmom and BuildingMemories for your comments! With no cruise in mind, I've been off the boards a few weeks...what a pleasure to log in and see your appreciation...BuildingMemories you read every word!? I don't think I've even done that and I wrote it! cheers, andrew.

May I ask how you physically got your Denrus tickets?

My pre-boarding package indicates that I can't get off the ship unless I have each of the following:

* valid passport

* photocopy of the photo page of the passport

* Russian Touist Visa

* Voucher confirming service arranged by a Russian Tour Company

I saw the picture of the Denrus ticket.... how did you get this? By mail? downloading?

Did you have any trouble getting off the ship? What exactly did Denrus send you? How far was it from the ship to meet your Denrus guide?

I'm a little nervous ordering with them. Should I be?

Thanks for any insights. ;)

Because we booked our DenRus tour a week or so before we left, Olga from DenRus emailed a Word document that we printed off..It included our itinerary, invoice, an Immigration explanation letter and our tickets...We just flashed what Olga sent us to customs after we got off the ship and they stamped our passport and waved us through. When they saw we were with DenRus, they didn't even look at the explanation letter. It was so easy getting off the ship....we just waited until the all clear was announced and got right off...We looked around as soon as we got through customs and there were only a few private tour buses...someone waved us over to Ludmila...No don't be nervous, I found Ludmila very diligent and I appreciated the cultural differences we shared...you're gonna see more of St. Petersburg than anybody else on your ship! You're doing the right thing. Have a great time...I'm so jealous..

Hi:)

How long was it before you got the email tickets after you ordered?

Thanx

The Word doc with everything came about a week before we left...I'm not sure if they have to file information with authorities or not..I didn't worry about it as Olga ensured me that she'd get me what I needed before I left.

I purchased the Oslo Pass for our cruise last summer. It included admissions to almost anything you'd want to see in Oslo, as well as public transportation, and was a very good value. I purchased mine ahead of time, but they were discounted a bit for those who purchased them in a shop across from where the ship docked in Oslo.

http://www.visitoslo.com/Oslo-Pass-link-to-online-sale/

Archived