Discovery S3 help...

chill6x6

Hi,

I'm about to book Discovery for Mexican Riviera itinerary. I'm gonna book an S3 Penthouse suite and I need a little help on which to book.  I'd even book an S2.  I would like some overhang/cover over the balcony. I've looked at pictures and videos until I'm tired of looking.  It LOOKS like D727/D726 and B734/735 are the best bets but it's kinda hard to tell. If some of you have staying in these cabins I'd appreciate a little guidance.

Thanks!

Following as I just booked the Owner's Suite on her, also for a MR sailing. The price difference between the cabins you're looking at and the OS was about $1,200 for the three of us (I'm taking my two teens:) but the square footage was a sizable amount, so worth the upgrade IMHO.  None of the Penthouse cabins you mentioned were available for our sailing but I'd love to learn more for our next jaunt!

• Like 1

Personal preference is the side facing Penthouse Suites. They do have some overhang, and while they do not have the "throw a party for the neighborhood" balcony, they have an interior layout that feels much more spacious to us than the aft-facing, with the bedroom being open to the living room (curtain can be pulled to separate them). If you go with the Riviera Deck, you'll also be close to the Concierge Lounge, always a plus, especially if the ship is fairly full, and you want a little oasis of calm to enjoy a cocktail and a little nosh.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chill6x6 said:

Hi,

I'm about to book Discovery for Mexican Riviera itinerary. I'm gonna book an S3 Penthouse suite and I need a little help on which to book.  I'd even book an S2.  I would like some overhang/cover over the balcony. I've looked at pictures and videos until I'm tired of looking.  It LOOKS like D727/D726 and B734/735 are the best bets but it's kinda hard to tell. If some of you have staying in these cabins I'd appreciate a little guidance.

Thanks!

We have stayed in both D726 and D727.  We said at the time that we would prefer B734/735 because they are a little smaller than Dolphin deck but with the same amount of shade cover.  Just feels more comfortable for only 2 of us.  However since then we have been doing Riviera deck suites because we enjoy the ease of access to the Concierge facility and its' amenities.  We decided for anything less than 2 weeks we ca. Deal with the (much) smaller balcony.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DiRonT said:

We have stayed in both D726 and D727.  We said at the time that we would prefer B734/735 because they are a little smaller than Dolphin deck but with the same amount of shade cover.  Just feels more comfortable for only 2 of us.  However since then we have been doing Riviera deck suites because we enjoy the ease of access to the Concierge facility and its' amenities.  We decided for anything less than 2 weeks we ca. Deal with the (much) smaller balcony.

Also, we agree with JWATTLE the interior layout does feel more spacious without the "pinchpoint" between living room and bedroom.  Just our opinion.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, jwattle said:

Personal preference is the side facing Penthouse Suites. They do have some overhang, and while they do not have the "throw a party for the neighborhood" balcony, they have an interior layout that feels much more spacious to us than the aft-facing, with the bedroom being open to the living room (curtain can be pulled to separate them). If you go with the Riviera Deck, you'll also be close to the Concierge Lounge, always a plus, especially if the ship is fairly full, and you want a little oasis of calm to enjoy a cocktail and a little nosh.

12 minutes ago, DiRonT said:

9 minutes ago, DiRonT said:

Also, we agree with JWATTLE the interior layout does feel more spacious without the "pinchpoint" between living room and bedroom.  Just our opinion.

EXCELLENT feedback! Thank you both!

• Like 1