ACCESSIBLE BALCONY CABINS - SAGA v P&O AURORA

TigerB

This is a question for anyone who has stayed in an accessible balcony cabin on P&O Aurora and either of the SAGA ships, Spirit of Discovery or Spirit of Adventure...

We are looking at a future cruise on Spirit of Discovery, and would probably select the standard accessible cabin, which I understand to be 350sq/ft.  I am comparing the cruise with a similar cruise onboard Aurora.

How does the accessible balcony cabin on the SAGA ship compare to the equivalent on Aurora?

Although I love Saga ships I think the accessible cabins onP andO are in some ways better planned than Saga, furniture wise. However Saga do have excellent nightlights and automatic doors. Both have shower curtains but very little storage in the bathrooms. There are slopes near the window and on the balcony on Saga, presumaly for the wheelchair, but I find them quite difficult to negotiate.

Saga have many extras, big bottles of toiletries, slippers, bathrobes, shoe horn, binoculars and a blanket in case you are cold on the balcony. Also 2 large bottles of water a day and more if required.

Both have tea and coffee making facilities.

Both ships are adult only, but Saga are all inclusive, but more expensive.

I’m sure you will enjoy the cruise, whichever line you choose.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the reply, silversurf👍

With four sailings this year on both Arvia and Iona, we are impressed with their accessible features, which are light years away from the older P&O ships; I would expect the newer SAGA ships to match or improve upon those accessible features.

The only P&O ship that's offers a similar itinerary to the Northern Lights cruises with SAGA we are interested in is Aurora.  The automated features in the SAGA accessible cabins, and those on Arvia and Iona, are really good, but not having them on Aurora is not the end of the world; I am there to assist my wife, and having sufficient space to manoeuvre her wheelchair is more important.