Requesting an Indian dinner onboard

We will be with friends on the Grandeur in February. Our friends love Indian food and would like to request the chef create a dinner for us one evening. 
Will you give us details of your experience with this, please?

To whom do we speak?

How far in advance?

What were your favorite dishes?

Thank you. 

• Like 1

We had a wonderful Indian dinner with British friends on Navigator a year ago. Spoke to Compass Rose Maitre d’, picked a date (at least 24 hrs. notice needed). As we like Indian food but are not that familiar with it, we relied on @Gilly and her Hero to chose the menu as well as staff suggestions. The dinner included printed menus, lots of attention, especially from the Indian Compass Rose staff. Regent at its best.

• Like 2

There's a recent thread here with @Guerncruising and my own comments amongst others, about our experience of requesting special menus and an example of the menu we enjoyed most recently on board Splendor..  It's a super way to enjoy the company of friends over some really special dishes and something we really like to do. 

Thank you @briar14 - here's to the next time!!

Edited by Gilly
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, briar14 said:

We had a wonderful Indian dinner with British friends on Navigator a year ago

I had a feeling I'd written a post about that fab evening on my blog but didn't find it immediately.  I looked again and found it here  - and share it because it also describes a second evening we enjoyed with you @briar14 on that cruise with an alternative menu to the Indian one.

Aaah, happy days...and quite some time to wait till our next Regent cruise too 😞 

• Like 1