Diamond Princess Izumi

509eagle

Will be on the Diamond Princess, March 2024, Singapore to Tokyo.

Curious about hot the Izumi will work on a cruise that is not totally Japan.      

Clothing Optional hours & clothed hours.

Where to you purchase the passes?  I can find nothing on Princess.com, even when I signin to my account.       I'm hoping to do this prior to the cruise, and stay away from the guest service counter.     Or are the passes bought at the Izumi, once on board?

Anyone have any personal experiences to share.

Thanks

I see it has been some time since you posted and no responses. I do not have personal experience, but looking at a post from a few years ago, the poster was uncomfortable being uncovered.

This implied to me there are not separate times for clothing optional.

I would imagine that being onboard a ship with more westerners that persons with tattoos would be permitted. I have no information on how to purchase.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, 509eagle said:

Where to you purchase the passes?  I can find nothing on Princess.com, even when I signin to my account.       I'm hoping to do this prior to the cruise, and stay away from the guest service counter.     Or are the passes bought at the Izumi, once on board?

Thanks

Just got off the Diamond Princess about 3 weeks ago (did 2 cruises almost b2b). 

On embarkation day of my 1st cruise,  I went to check out Izumi.  Every day, between 12pm-1 pm, you can tour the place.  That was a lady there who took us for a tour of the entire place and gave us pricing and options for different packages.  You must be on the ship to purchase the passes.

Hours are daily from 6 am-10 pm; closed 12pm-1pm.  Only 6am-8am are non-clothing hours.

• Like 1

I loved the Izumi! Unfortunately,  I didn't discover it until near the end of our cruise. There are two different suites with some different features. They alternate each suite daily between male and female.

Would love to start my day in the Izumi     From 6AM to 8AM is it clothing optional or nudity required.   IIm not to sure about trying it nude?    

Is it different for a cruise that is all Japan?       I will be doing a Singapore to Yokohoma Cruise

• 2 months later...
On 10/17/2023 at 3:40 PM, 509eagle said:

Thanks

There is a very informative YouTube video which I watched.